Cupcake/icing Tasting

Baking By svcltch Updated 3 May 2011 , 7:26am by carmijok

svcltch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
svcltch Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 11:23am
post #1 of 4

I am doing a large American flag shaped cake made of cupcakes in June and the client is wanting a tasting in May of different cake flavor and icing combinations. I am a cake baker as a hobby from home. How can I make 4 or 5 different combinations without having to make 4 or 5 dozen cupcakes? Is there a sample tasting recipe that makes only a 1/4 of the batter?

Thanks!

3 replies
WeeSooz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WeeSooz Posted 2 May 2011 , 8:34pm
post #2 of 4

Hi

Could you maybe just make a half batch? I'm not sure of your recipe, but that might be an answer, and alter the combinations with different flavours of icing? Or perhaps you could make a full batch and freeze some batter? Just a suggestion. icon_smile.gif

Andreasmom09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andreasmom09 Posted 3 May 2011 , 5:27am
post #3 of 4

If You Go to Allrecipes.com and find the recipes your going to use you can change the YIELD on the page and it gives you the amount of the ingredients you need to make how every many you need..
Hope This helps!

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 3 May 2011 , 7:26am
post #4 of 4

Are they paying for the tasting? Because that's a lot of work for you. How many combos are they looking for? Maybe you should just keep it simple. A couple of cupcakes in vanilla and chocolate and several samples of fillings on the side to taste with them. If they want some type of specialty cake like carrot or red velvet, then that definitely would be worth charging for.
I remind people that if they are trying to appeal to the masses, that not everyone likes chocolate or other unique flavors, but virtually everyone will eat vanilla. And vanilla lends itself well to just about any type of filling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%