Can Mini Cupcakes Last 2 Days?

Baking By agouti Updated 8 May 2011 , 4:36pm by Emma92

agouti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agouti Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 4:01am
post #1 of 4

I don't usually do cupcakes, and practically never do mini cupcakes, so I'm not really sure if they are something that needs to be done the night before. I read other posts that said cupcakes will last 2 days just fine, if stored in an airtight container. My concern is that the mini cupcakes will dry out very quickly since they are so small and will be in their baking cups, not covered in frosting and fondant like when I do cakes. I need to make 75 mini cupcakes. Can I make and frost them 2 days in advance (bake Tuesday night for Thursday morning/lunchtime consumption)?
They will be white and chocolate cupcakes with SMBC fosting.
Thanks for any advice!

3 replies
Emma92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emma92 Posted 2 May 2011 , 10:53pm
post #2 of 4

Hi,

whenever i do cupcakes in advance unless i do them for the next day i always put the in the freezer in freezer bags of air tight containers and then take them out the night before.

you cant tell the difference icon_smile.gif

Osgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Posted 8 May 2011 , 3:43am
post #3 of 4

I make my cupcakes no sooner than the day before. That said, I made cupcakes on Tuesday evening and as of last night (Thursday) they were still very moist. I'm sure it also depends on the recipe and the way they are stored. Mine were on the counter in an airtight container.

Emma92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emma92 Posted 8 May 2011 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 4

also using sunflower oil instead of butter helps that keep longer icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%