is called to order.

Who's up?
Whatcha workin' on?

Who watched the wedding?

28 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 2:34am
post #2 of 29

2 wedding cakes for me for tomorrow. Just dying some fondant for edible ribbons now.

flowers airbrushed. Edible paper flowers made. Cakes done.

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 2:39am
post #3 of 29

watched it loved it....what a beautiful woman she is....and that cake! FABULOUS!!!!

leah_s Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 2:40am
post #4 of 29

I agree. That cake was gorgeous. And showed a lot of skill.

leah_s Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 2:47am
post #5 of 29

I agree. That cake was gorgeous. And showed a lot of skill.

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 2:48am
post #6 of 29

I'd like to know what it's worth...out of curiosity...my guess is around 15,000$.
14$ a serving (again a guess) @ 845 servings plus about 3 or 4k in handmade extras......

hrnewbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hrnewbie Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 2:56am
post #7 of 29

Didn't watch the wedding but have been looking at pictures for the past hour. Can't seem to unplug.

No cakes tonight. Will bake 5 this weekend and prep for decorating next week. Can't wait to try some new recipes!

Ummeiko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ummeiko Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 2:59am
post #8 of 29

Working on: nothing. Went clothes shopping for an interview and so maybe I can get away from Wal-Mart.

Should have worked on: figures for my Mother's Day cake for next weekend. Oh well, I can do them after work tomorrow or Sunday.

I didn't watch the wedding but I watched some shows ABOUT the wedding. Kate is beautiful. Her dress was elegant. The cake was AMAZING. I love seeing a classic white wedding cake taken to a new level.

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 3:12am
post #9 of 29

Working on a few things for a Relay for Life Auction on Sunday. Then I am headed south-my brother's home was damaged in the tornadoes on Wednesday and my sister is doing relief work in her area. She has opened her home to those who need to take a shower or do laundry.
Makes me very grateful for what I have.

leah_s Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 3:16am
post #10 of 29

Take care, LKing. The tornado damage is beyond belief.

I've been up since 5 a.m., so you guys carry on.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 3:16am
post #11 of 29

Mother's Day is in a week? I'm still picking Easter grass out of the carpet.

Delivered my weekend cake today. I'm currently designing a princess cake for next weekend. Is there any real difference between cake sparkles and sparkling sugar other than the size of the grain?
http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=5230B2F4-802D-F658-0F81AB32FE9094B3&killnav=1

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E310D1E-475A-BAC0-5E0EF1DB7697E8A1&killnav=1

I'll be coating ice cream cones for the turrets and the sparkling sugar seems to be cheaper overall.

Went to bed at 2, got up at 4:30, back in bed by 7:30, and up for the day at 9:30. Had a fab time dishing about the wedding with a friend! I got out my big sun hat and everything. LOL

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 3:19am
post #12 of 29

Lking- sorry about your brothers home,
That's fantastic what your sister is doing!

Didn't watch the wedding, but as soon as I woke up
This morning I was online searching for cake pics!

I am doing my first Topsy turvy this weekend :|
I'm a bit nervous as it's for a dear friends 50th!
I want it to be perfect for her!
I'm just waiting for my kids to go to bed so I can get to work!

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 3:23am
post #13 of 29

Popping in to say HI!

Second weekend in a row with no cakes for me after a crazy April.

Just finished watching the wedding with my daughter (DVR!) Very impressed with the grace & elegance of the royal couple. Blown away by both cakes.

Praying that our caker friends in the South are safe. Take care everyone.

Kristy

Emma37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emma37 Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 3:28am
post #14 of 29

Ugh! 11:45 EST here and I just finished a full sheet for tomorrow. All BC..7 different colors and I didn't have my disposable bags! I had to keep washing bags and tips... My feet hurt and my back...........
Oh, I just remembered some advise I gave to the secretary at school today...complaining won't help a thing! ..... guess I should take my own advise icon_redface.gif
Night Night

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 3:33am
post #15 of 29

Nothing for tonight....looking for inspiration for future projects. Watched the wedding festivities beginning with the BBC coverage 2:00 am Central time.....what a beautiful ceremony, couple, cakes, etc. Have a great night all!

Enchantedcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Enchantedcakes Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 3:44am
post #16 of 29

Finished two different space theme cakes, now in Tampa at my in laws, my son has an out of town lacrosse game tomorrow so i better get to sleep then back to the in laws then home Sunday ...I have three cake orders due on Monday, an anniversary, a birthday, and wedding cupcakes...out of town wedding, guess they got a deal having it on a Monday.

tmgarcia_98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmgarcia_98 Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 3:56am
post #17 of 29

Just finished a 3 tier golf themed cake.

FYI: I read online that the royal wedding & groom's cake together cost $80,000!!!! icon_eek.gif

bohemiagetsajob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bohemiagetsajob Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 4:15am
post #18 of 29

I'm working on royal icing decorations for my nephew's camping cake that's due on Sunday. Can anyone tell me how many servings I can get out of the Wilton Guitar Pan? I've looked through all teh material that came with the pan and tried googling it. The best I found was that someone thought it was about 15? Any help would be appreciated. The party is about 50 strong and I need to know how many cupcakes to make in addition to the cake. Thanks in advance!

cheatize Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 4:25am
post #19 of 29

Wilton shaped pans generally serve 12-15.

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 4:27am
post #20 of 29

Working on a small WWE wrestling rink that is due for Sunday, states it and will finish tomorrow

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 4:27am
post #21 of 29

I just finished a 2 tier football themed birthday cake for my nephew, and a 2 tier topsy turvy cake to match some invites. Now that the kids are in bed, I just filled all 3 tiers of a wedding cake, and I am currently stacking and carving a mud cake into the shape of a jaguar's head for the groom's cake. I am very VERY tired, and its only 11:26! Don't know how I did it, but I managed to be ahead of schedule! I was prepared for a 3 am bed time icon_biggrin.gif looks like 1 am might work!

cheatize Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 4:31am
post #22 of 29

I'm off to bed. Hubby has an MRI tomorrow morning for his elbow and I want to be alert. Happy Caking!

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 4:31am
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKing12

Working on a few things for a Relay for Life Auction on Sunday. Then I am headed south-my brother's home was damaged in the tornadoes on Wednesday and my sister is doing relief work in her area. She has opened her home to those who need to take a shower or do laundry.
Makes me very grateful for what I have.

Please give your family our best wishes and let them know we are praying for everyone icon_redface.gif

DSmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DSmo Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 4:41am
post #24 of 29

Just finished putting together yet another bow. Little 6" cake baked and filled. Icing in the morning. Nite nite. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

bohemiagetsajob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bohemiagetsajob Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 4:53am
post #25 of 29

Thanks Cheatize... that's what I was afraid of. icon_sad.gif
Lol

BurnsyJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BurnsyJ Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 5:50am
post #26 of 29

I just finished my son's birthday cake. His 14th birthday was yesterday, but he's having friends over Saturday night. He wanted a cake that looks like his guitar. I made it...it's very brown...but it looks like his Ovation. The only thing not brown is the the cake...it's red velvet. I think dark chocolate would have been more appropriate...but I just made what he asked for.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 7:22am
post #27 of 29

I was working on my competition piece due tomorrow. The roof gave me fits so wish me luck that it holds. I have to assemble two minor things on site. Sadly it's 2:20 am and I'm volunteering at the show at 7amicon_sad.gif Night everyone.

leah_s Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 12:08pm
post #28 of 29

Sparkling sugar is different from cake sparkles. Cake sparkles are edible glitter - flakes and no real taste. The sparkling sugar is a grain (not a flake) and sparkles beautifully. I also think it sticks to bc better and more evenly.

cheatize Posted 1 May 2011 , 6:04am
post #29 of 29

Cool. Thanks, Leah!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%