Where To Find Supplies In San Francisco Bay Area?

Decorating By Ibgreezy Updated 4 May 2011 , 5:06pm by Ibgreezy

Ibgreezy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ibgreezy Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 2:33am
post #1 of 7

I'm new to this site and hobby and would like to know where I can get cake decorating supplies in the San Francisco Bay Area in California? I reside in Hayward and all we have around here is a Michael's store. Any input will help, thanks a bunch icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 3 May 2011 , 4:36am
post #2 of 7

Hello Neighbor!

People are super surprised that there are very few cake/cooking stores here. You'd think there would be a bunch!

Peninsula has Sugar and Spice in Daly City. Big store, they have quite a selection for everything from cakes to cookies (BIG cookie cutter section) to candy making, but their mark-up is, ahem, insane. I always check Global Sugar or Amazon before I go there.

In the East Bay you have Spun Sugar in Berkeley. Nice cute little store, decent selection mostly focused on cake. They also have a nice chocolate selection. But again, they are a little pricey but they do have a parking lot, which is nice when you are going to a store on University Ave.

Other that that, I know of no other more professional grade stores that carry stuff other then Michaels.

Good Luck!
Jen

CupQuequito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupQuequito Posted 3 May 2011 , 5:01am
post #3 of 7

I'm from Tucson, and I made it a point of stopping at Spun Sugar when I was there last summer. I loved that they had SO much!

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 3 May 2011 , 5:04am
post #4 of 7

You could try JoAnn's they have a aisle of supplies for cake. I've been to Spun Sugar in Berkelely and it has some great stuff but pricey. I get most of my supplies online. Good luck!

Laurelj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laurelj Posted 3 May 2011 , 5:41am
post #5 of 7

Hello, we are also next door neighbors, I am in Union City, right on the Hayward border. Like others here I also get most of my supplies online Global sugar art being a favorite. Certain things mostly basics can be found at Sur La Table in Santana Row or William Sonoma at Stoneridge mall. For specialty items needed in a hurry I also use Spun Sugar in Berkeley, or Cake art supplies in San Rafael. I usually call these places first to make sure they have what I'm looking for. Best advice plan ahead! icon_smile.gif

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 4 May 2011 , 2:47am
post #6 of 7
Ibgreezy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ibgreezy Posted 4 May 2011 , 5:06pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks everybody, now I'm going to get started icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%