I Need Help With Tractor Tire Treads

Decorating By Crystal0722 Updated 1 May 2011 , 10:10pm by KathysCC

Crystal0722 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crystal0722 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 1:51am
post #1 of 6

Can anyone help. I have made my tires with RCT but I do not know how to make the tread marks can anyone help me thanks

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 May 2011 , 12:23am
post #2 of 6

I'll take a stab at helping you, even though I have never actually done it.
You already have made the tires? Are they iced? If not take pieces of fondant and make the pattern you want, then cover the whole thing with fondant. I'm thinking of a pattern somewhat like this; \\ /\\ /\\ / OR maybe a zigzag from side to side on the tire.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 1 May 2011 , 12:37am
post #3 of 6

I just made a tire tier on the last cake I made and I personally found it nearly impossible to do. I ended up using a diamond impression mat and one of my fondant and gumpaste tools to draw zig zags over it. I still didn't like the way it came out tho, so hopefully someone else can help you...

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 1 May 2011 , 1:00am
post #4 of 6

Is this what you are looking for:

http://s471.photobucket.com/albums/rr75/Cakes_by_Paperwings/?action=view¤t=IMG_3591.jpg

I just made it with strips of fondant.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 May 2011 , 9:38pm
post #5 of 6

.....Is this what you are looking for: http://s471.photobucket.com/al.....G_3591.jpg
I just made it with strips of fondant.............

Yesicon_smile.gif That;s exactly what I was envisioning and trying to explain icon_smile.gif

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 1 May 2011 , 10:10pm
post #6 of 6

I made the treads using pieces of fondant. You just make fondant snakes and place them in a V shape all around the tire.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%