Today's Cakewrecks Post

Lounge By Texas_Rose Updated 29 Apr 2011 , 10:46am by costumeczar

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 11

Did you see Cakewrecks today? http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

The last cake posted was the winner of the Ideal Home Show cake contest in London this year.

10 replies
sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 11

I saw that. The likeness in cake was done really well, but it's so creepy! Maybe it wasn't done that well if it's creepy. Those other wrecks were awful. I wonder what the cake will look like. Isn't it suppose to have thousands of sugar flowers and leaves of white, cream and ivory on it?

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 6:47pm
post #3 of 11

I saw it through your link. I'm not sure how to take what cake wrecks is implying? That they think its an incredible sculpted cake that won professional division in the london contest, or if they think its terrible and are enjoying making fun of it by implying Kates shoulder looks like a tasty cut of meat?

The sculpture was carved from fruit cake no less. theres a difficult feat at best. I don't think its truly spot on with facial features but its certainly recognizable as being William and Kate.

Whatever way cake wrecks is thinking, I would have be nice if they waited a few days to post the photo as one of thier cake wrecks. Seems in bad taste to mock it so close to the wedding.

cakeninja82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeninja82 Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 7:09pm
post #4 of 11

I saw those today and had a good chuckle.
I feel bad for whoever received any of those cake for their wedding, how embarrassing!

AnotherCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCaker Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 7:14pm
post #5 of 11

Makes me think of the other post going on about not allowing other cakes at a wedding the pro provides the actual wedding cake for. Hopefully someone snuck in cakes behind the bakers backs (the ones on Cakewrecks today), and there was actually something pretty to look at! icon_biggrin.gif Poor brides is right. Some of those techniques may have been cool, had the person known what they were doing, and maybe practiced it first?

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 7:15pm
post #6 of 11

I feel like I've seen a couple of those cakes before...was there a CC wrecks thread, maybe ?? icon_confused.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 7:46pm
post #7 of 11

It's not Sunday Sweets and they didn't label it as a Special edition Thursday Sweets so, yeah- duh they are poking fun of all of those. I know there is skill in the cake likeness of Will and Kate, but it's eerie and who would even want to cut into that? So I think they are poking at the bad taste if it were an actual wedding cake. The others are just awful. I think I've seen some of them before somewhere.

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 8:06pm
post #8 of 11

It's the fact that they were cut off at the shoulders so they have no arms... it looks odd like that. If they had kept the arms it would have been far less awkward looking.

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 8:11pm
post #9 of 11

Cakewrecks is all about the failure to execute. The technique may be there, but if you can't execute the concept - yikes. That's what happened with these. Too bad.

cakeninja82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeninja82 Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 9:43pm
post #10 of 11

Every time I look at CW I don't understand how those bakers can in good conscious charge or even allow some of those "cakes" out of their kitchen.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 10:46am
post #11 of 11

That Will and Kate cake is freaky.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%