Blogs & Followers

Lounge By Cupcations Updated 3 May 2011 , 6:59am by mcaulir

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 11:10pm
post #1 of 7

Many of CC members have amazing blogs, blogs that you literally want to spend hours reading their posts & just cant get enough of of them, furthermore many of them have hundreds/thousands of followers

My question is how do you get more followers?? Is it all about the advertising?? or about the content of your blog?

I personally follow blogs that show more tutorials than the ones that only show pictures,& the ones that show pictures more than the ones that only have writing & stories...

What do you depend on to get more followers?? icon_smile.gif

6 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 1:56am
post #2 of 7

Hi, cupcations, my blog doesn't have hundreds of followers but the ones I do have are a mix of "real life" people, face book friends, and from here. I notice when I post a lot here, the blog views take a spike. I also know, from conversations and emails from friends, that people read who aren't officially followers. I think there's a lot of reciprocality (is that a word?), too. I know several of my followers are the authors of blogs that I follow.

I used to keep blogs in my favorites to read whenever. I never officially followed them until I started my own. Now I love having them right in my reading list.

When I started mine, I did an email blast to everyone in my personal email and a selection of people in my work email contacts; I also posted an announcement here and on facebook; I comment on other blogs; and refer to my blog where appropriate here.

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 6:04pm
post #3 of 7

My blog is not huge, but my experience has been...

-Those who post more often on their blogs tend to get more followers.
-You'll also get more traffic by being one of the first people to comment on other popular or very well known blogs.
-I think if also helps if you respond to people who make comments. Responding makes the blog seem more personal and approachable.
-Also remember to be yourself when you write. Personalized blogs like this are and easier and more fun to read. You feel like you actually know the person... aka: Ree Drummond, "The Pioneer Woman."
-On my blog, I also get a lot of traffic coming from Google. So being indexed with the different search engines will bring more traffic. (Google it and find out about it.)
-Write using proper grammar and make sure to spell check your post. It's very annoying to read something that's poorly written or has tons of spelling errors!
-Make your blog easy to "follow" or "subscribe to" by using RSS feed and email. If you put that information at the top of your blog so it's easy to find, more people will use it. I have some followers who didn't know how to "follow" me or know what that even meant, so they subscribed to my blog by email instead. Remember that those who use RSS feed or email will not show up as "followers" on your blog, so you probably have more people watching you then you think.

There you go... huh, this makes me sound like an expert doesn't it? hahaha icon_lol.gif
Believe me, I'm still just figuring out this whole blogging world too.
Good luck to you! thumbs_up.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 7

Join Linky parties too, if they apply to you. icon_smile.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 10:49am
post #5 of 7

You should also make sure that you have an RSS feed set up for your blog so that people can subscribe to it. I have WAY more poeple who subscribe to it than "followers" who are actually signed up on the page itself. Put buttons on there that let people subscribe in a reader or by email.

sweeteats0919 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteats0919 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 5:40pm
post #6 of 7

I would love to know how to get more followers. I believe I have followers, but I can't tell if they are consistent followers, or just one time viewers. I would also like to know how to get more people to comment on the blog. I ask for comments and get nothing icon_sad.gif

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 3 May 2011 , 6:59am
post #7 of 7

You have beautiful photography! Are the different coloured words for emphasis? They make your text a little hard to read.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%