I'm In Love With Modeling Chocolate

Decorating By sillywabbitz Updated 28 Apr 2011 , 7:46am by jleigh982

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 8:53pm
post #1 of 5

So I'm sure most of you have already figured out this awesome product but this is the first time I've worked with it. I am working on my competition piece for the North Texas Cake show this weekend and I had planned to use modeling chocolate for a few things even though I have little experience with it.

I am IN LOVE. It's super easy to make, super easy to work with ...seriously...what took me so long. It is funny though, yestarday it was warmer and it was even easier ...today is only a bit cooler but you can tell the difference working with the stuff.

For those of you who don't know it is I used the Wilton Candy Clay recipe which is just candy melts and corn syrup. No one is eating it so I don't really care what it tastes like. I know some people use real chocolate which I may try for something people will eat.

4 replies
metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 5

i love it too! i just use HEB candy coating! i think it tastes good on cookies. i mix it in with my fondant if my fondant is being to unwieldy.

jleigh982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jleigh982 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 9:16pm
post #3 of 5

almond bark also works well, and is a great cost effective substitute...I know HEB has a brand they carry called Plymouth Pantry its like 24 oz for 2 bucks and some change....cant beat that. it makes two batches for the price of one.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 6:06am
post #4 of 5

That's great to know. No HEB here but I'll price out the almond barkicon_smile.gif

jleigh982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jleigh982 Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 7:46am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

That's great to know. No HEB here but I'll price out the almond barkicon_smile.gif

they also carry it at most walmarts

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%