Cake Idea Help

Decorating By joyfullysweet Updated 27 Apr 2011 , 1:44pm by lsz1978

joyfullysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joyfullysweet Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 11:35pm
post #1 of 6

I have someone request this cake:
Either two cakes connected somehow, or one cake with a bridge or path on it. Bride and groom in the middle (or names on a heart), and on either side the names of the two families. Inscription "Two Families Becoming One".

I like the idea of the bride and groom on a path on the cake, but I'm struggling about the families on either side. I'm trying to cut down on the "cheese" factor! lol Any ideas? I searched the galleries and came up with nada. Thanks!

5 replies
boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:40am
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfullysweet

I have someone request this cake:
Either two cakes connected somehow, or one cake with a bridge or path on it. Bride and groom in the middle (or names on a heart), and on either side the names of the two families. Inscription "Two Families Becoming One".

I like the idea of the bride and groom on a path on the cake, but I'm struggling about the families on either side. I'm trying to cut down on the "cheese" factor! lol Any ideas? I searched the galleries and came up with nada. Thanks!

How about something like this
http://www.flickr.com/photos/natiscakes/2898484890/

A surname on each heart, maybe skip the bride and groom, put some nice patterns on the side and the inscription on the board?? icon_biggrin.gif

If they must have the bride and groom, you can somehow incorporate them, maybe on the board?

joyfullysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joyfullysweet Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:17pm
post #3 of 6

Hmmm...that's an idea. But they definitely want it more about the two families becoming one, not just the bride and groom. Weird, I know.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:36pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfullysweet

Hmmm...that's an idea. But they definitely want it more about the two families becoming one, not just the bride and groom. Weird, I know.

Too bad they want all that weird stuff.

That hearts cake posted by boonenati was exactly what I was going to post. It's a beautiful cake, very elegant. Maybe if you take boonenati's suggestion and run it by your client, you can sell them the idea. Tell them that it's very elegant this way and that inscriptions and names are being "designed" into the board lately.

Maybe they just haven't thought at it that way.

You could put the names just like they are now, then put the families names on the board and under both the families names, you can write the inscription.

That way the main names (the couple's) stay where they're supposed to be.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:41pm
post #5 of 6

Got an idea: leave the names on top, put the families' names on the corresponding sides of the cake (one will be shorter I hope! for the right side cake). Then make a rope border that takes both hearts into one and at the end of the rope (that you could intertwine) put the inscription.

That will tie it all up as an union of everyone.

That's actually part of a spanish wedding ceremony in Mexico. They put a "love knot" around the couple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkEa42mLQ1Y&feature=related

lsz1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsz1978 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:44pm
post #6 of 6

i like the cake idea that boonenati posted, but if the client wants more of the families on the cake, could you put gum paste or modeling chocolate or fondant figures of them around the hearts... the groom's family around his heart and the bride's family around her heart... like where the flowers are on the flicker image? you could put the quote they want along the line where the hearts meets in some kind of fancy script. it's just an idea... a little cheesy, but that sounds like what this family likesicon_smile.gif!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%