Gumpaste Or Fondant Baby Bottle

Decorating By orianaklump Updated 27 Apr 2011 , 9:51pm by debbief

orianaklump Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
orianaklump Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 12:54pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make a 3D baby bottle from fondant/gumpaste? Is there a template or anything out there? I made one with a toilet paper roll, but it looks kinda goofy. Any ideas would be super helpful! Thank you!!!

4 replies
debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 5

You can purchase a mold for a baby bottle. I just made one for a baby shower cake. I used fondant in the mold, but you could also use chocolate. I purchased mine online. I think I only paid a few dollars for it, and then of course a few more for shipping icon_smile.gif

I cut it in half to look like it's sticking out of the diaper bag but it looked just like a real baby bottle before I cut it. Sorry I didn't take a pic of it before cutting it and it's a little hard to see but here it is:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2013537

Someone else had a good idea to make one out of cake. I'll have to find the post where I saw it and put a link for you.

debbief Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 5

Here's the post from Coral3 that suggested using cake. I think I would have tried this if I didn't already make mine. It looks like a great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral3

Here it is. It'd make a great base for a cake baby bottle:
http://sugarbloomcupcakes.blogspot.com/2009/05/tall-cupcakes-tutorial.html

orianaklump Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
orianaklump Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 6:36pm
post #4 of 5

Debbief, thanks for the suggestion! Maybe i'll buy the mold. I'm making a baby shower cake (that looks like a diaper bag) for my sister and I wanted a bottle to sit in the pocket on the side. From what I can see from your pic it looks exactly like what I need. BTW, WHAT AN AMAZING CAKE!!!!! icon_smile.gif I just started really getting into cake decorating and I discovered that I'm quite good at it, but I am still awed and inspired by what some people can do! icon_smile.gif

debbief Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 9:51pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks orianaklump. That cake was a lot of fun to do. But I have to say, until I started putting the finishing touches on it, I hated it. I was so disapointed in the way it looked and kept thinking I was in way over my head. It's almost magical how it just came together after all the embellishments were added icon_smile.gif So in case that happens to you, just know it will all come together in the end.

Also if you do a search for "diaper bag" in the cake gallery, there's lots of them with the bottle in the side pocket to give you an idea of how it looks. I've seen a few with the same bottle I used. It's the 4" baby bottle mold.

Make sure you post pics when you're done! Have fun icon_smile.gif

Oh yeah, you're right there are some amazingly talented people on here. I've learned more than I ever imagined from all the CCr's here!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%