How Much Granach??

Decorating By mommynana Updated 26 Apr 2011 , 12:37pm by mommynana

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 8

Will I need for a 2 layer 12" And a 2 layer 8" over that, Can anyone help??? They will be covered with fondant I was thinking of putting an 8" over the 12" cuz i want to put some figures on the cake. Then I did`t know if I should go with the 9" over the 12" But i wanted to make sure i had enough room for the figures after the fondant goes on, any suggestion`s, Thank you. for any help

7 replies
mommynana Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 4:23pm
post #2 of 8

No one has any idea !!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 5:52pm
post #3 of 8

Are you just filling with the ganache or are you doing a coating over the whole cake before the fondant too? Are your cakes two layers of cake and one layer of filling each, or torted with 4 layers of cake and 3 layers of filling (or more)?

Are your figures purchased or are you sculpting them and therefore can make them whatever size they need to be for the ledge? What other decor is happening on the cake? The 4" tier difference can be too much if there isn't enough decor going on.

mommynana Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 6:34pm
post #4 of 8

KoryAk, Im not going to torte the cakes but i will but filling in between the layers, Im going to use nutella for the filling, so I`ll use the granache just to frost under the fodant, And same for the 8 or 9" cake, As for the figures i made them all ready, This is what im putting on the cake, And the popcorn box will be on the top layer http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2015576

KoryAK Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 7:24pm
post #5 of 8

says tho photo doesn't exist, sorry. I'm thinking 5-7# of ganache (no r icon_smile.gif) should be fine. Whatever is extra you can use to flavor buttercream or make truffles out of later.

mommynana Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 7:38pm
post #6 of 8

Sorry I`ll try again. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2015672 Just wanted to lnow if the 4' spand was too much

KoryAK Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 1:44am
post #7 of 8

It's totally up to you and the size you make the figures and the look you are going for.

mommynana Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 12:37pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you, KoryAK

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%