Help!!!

Baking By ugodsgirl Updated 24 Apr 2011 , 11:22pm by Marianna46

ugodsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ugodsgirl Posted 24 Apr 2011 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 3

Spend all day making colored mini cupcakes, cut in half, colored icing to stick 2 tops back together (saw this on another website, looked like a cute idea, sort of egg shaped for Easter). I also stuck 2 bottoms togther the same way, the problem is, it looks totally stupid & I was going to send them to school for my daughter's birthday on Wednesday! How can I fix this? I was thinking somehow covering with spinkles or something, but how to get them to stick without being too messy(to the eater) and without spending more money on this disaster...Help! I have 2 days to fix this.

2 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 24 Apr 2011 , 11:04pm
post #2 of 3

Coat them with glaze (it's like royal icing, but with a little bit of corn syrup - there's a recipe on here) and roll them in lots of sprinkles, so that they're totally coated. The cupcakes will be well covered and the glaze will firm up by Wednesday, so there shouldn't be such a mess.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 24 Apr 2011 , 11:22pm
post #3 of 3

Sorry, I totally blew it! What I meant to say was to use glacé, not glaze. It has corn syrup INSTEAD of egg whites or meringue powder. The recipe I use is Toba Garett's, and it's here in the recipe section.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%