Cake Ideas For A Baby Turning 3 In Sept?

Decorating By amcakemaker2011 Updated 26 Apr 2011 , 1:22am by amcakemaker2011

amcakemaker2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amcakemaker2011 Posted 24 Apr 2011 , 2:23am
post #1 of 12

Hi

I am not a professional either but working on it. My niece is turning 3 this year on September 25th. I need some cake ideas please. I found a cake that she likes and it is simple to do. But i want her to have a very cute cake because she is spoiled and she is the cutest thing ever so she has to have the cutest cake ever... Ideas please and comments are welcome.. She likes Elmo, Mickey, Sponge Bob, and barbies...

thanks
amber

11 replies
mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 24 Apr 2011 , 2:34am
post #2 of 12

AS of right this second I'm making my niece a Minnie mouse cake for her 3rd birthday (although I'm sure she will cahnge her mind by the time that comes around in December.

It needs to feed 70 so I was thinking 3 tiers. Extra girly. Pink, polka dots, and the minnie ears on the top of the cake. No super specfics yet so I'm sure I was of no help. lol

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 24 Apr 2011 , 2:35am
post #3 of 12

Here's a cute Elmo cake. You have plenty of time to pick up whatever techniques you haven't done yet; practice, practice, practice and you'll do fine.

http://media.cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10223/Elmo_and_Dorothy.jpg

caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 24 Apr 2011 , 2:37am
post #4 of 12

How about doing a Minnie mouse cake? There are a lot of cute cake ideas for a Minnie cake in the photo galleries. Hope that helps!

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 24 Apr 2011 , 2:40am
post #5 of 12

Here's a really cute Mickey cake.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1975172

amcakemaker2011 Posted 24 Apr 2011 , 2:44am
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy

Here's a cute Elmo cake. You have plenty of time to pick up whatever techniques you haven't done yet; practice, practice, practice and you'll do fine.

http://media.cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10223/Elmo_and_Dorothy.jpg

Yea i have been practicing and making cakes for people as well. I also learned all of my techniques from my cake classes that i took...

amcakemaker2011 Posted 24 Apr 2011 , 2:47am
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by caymancake

How about doing a Minnie mouse cake? There are a lot of cute cake ideas for a Minnie cake in the photo galleries. Hope that helps!

She does not really like Minnie all that well right now. She likes Mickey, elmo, sponge bob, and she loves animals like cats dogs etc

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 24 Apr 2011 , 2:49am
post #8 of 12

Sponge Bob is very easy to do.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 24 Apr 2011 , 1:47pm
post #9 of 12

When my granddaughter turned 3, she knew exactly what she wanted on her cake. You might ask your niece what her favorite tv show is, or what her favorite book is, or which toy is her favorite. She probably has some definite likes/dislikes at her age; I know my little one does.

MrsMoe07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMoe07 Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 12:59am
post #10 of 12

I've been volunteered the lovely task of making my neice a Jesse Toy Story cake for her birthday. I thought this would a bit of a challenge as she looooves pink, but searching the children's birthday party cake as helped me a lot with ways I can make the cake not look so boyish, but still keeping the toy story look. Do a elmo, mickey or her favorite character search in the children's birthday cake gallery. I'm sure you're going to see a couple of things that catch your eye and give you inspiration for the cake.

But also like Poohsmamma said at 3 kids pretty much know what they want. I would ask her and go from there.

amcakemaker2011 Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 1:21am
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMoe07

I've been volunteered the lovely task of making my neice a Jesse Toy Story cake for her birthday. I thought this would a bit of a challenge as she looooves pink, but searching the children's birthday party cake as helped me a lot with ways I can make the cake not look so boyish, but still keeping the toy story look. Do a elmo, mickey or her favorite character search in the children's birthday cake gallery. I'm sure you're going to see a couple of things that catch your eye and give you inspiration for the cake.

But also like Poohsmamma said at 3 kids pretty much know what they want. I would ask her and go from there.

Thanks ladies,

I have actually asked her what she wanted. I showed her a birthday cake that i saved on my laptop and i said do you like this she said yes, I said do you want Aunt Ami to make that cake for you she said oh yea lol

amcakemaker2011 Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 1:22am
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMoe07

Thanks ladies,

I have actually asked her what she wanted. I showed her a birthday cake that i saved on my laptop and i said do you like this she said yes, I said do you want Aunt Ami to make that cake for you she said oh yea lol She even wants the colors that is on the cake and the cake is a 2 tier

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%