Steam Punk Cake

Decorating By mplaidgirl2 Updated 24 Apr 2011 , 2:32am by mplaidgirl2

mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 8:24pm
post #1 of 7

I just got an order for an 8 inch Steam punk cake.
Pretty simple design. Just wondering if anyone had any good suggestions
on how to make it look rusty and metaly ( I know thats not a word lol)

6 replies
MamaD77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaD77 Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 8:51pm
post #2 of 7

Hi,
have you spotted the gallery section of steampunk cakes from last year? If you go into gallery, then scroll down to contests section, the steampunk 2010 cake contest is there at almost the bottom of that section. There are some really fab pictures in there for inspiration.

For the rusty or metally look, I'd use luster dust mixed with a little rejuvenator spirit or any clear spirit such as vodka or even gin. You only need to add just one or two tiny drops, then mix to form a smooth paste, and paint on. You can get bronze, gold, satin silver, antique silver. Or you can also get pots of ready mixed liquid gold bronze and silver paints too. i just ordered some last week, and I can't wait to try them out!
Good luck with it! thumbs_up.gif
MamaD

mplaidgirl2 Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 9:29pm
post #3 of 7

Yeah I saw the cakes. I wish he wanted a bigger cake after seeing those! They are beautiful

MamaD77 Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 9:38pm
post #4 of 7

Yep, it can be frustrating when you're tied to doing what someone else wants! The possibilities are endless with steampunk, it's such an inspirational theme. My favourite is the Tonite Tonite one! Awesome!

Bluebelles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluebelles Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 10:07pm
post #5 of 7

So, what's a steam punk cake?

MamaD77 Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 10:22pm
post #6 of 7

this tells it much better than I could! I ended up waffling a bit there, and had to delete, and start again!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk

mplaidgirl2 Posted 24 Apr 2011 , 2:32am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelles

So, what's a steam punk cake?

Ita a very odd style of antique. industrial, and weirdness. Its hard to explain. Check out the contest section.. There was a Steam Punk section. Awesome cakes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%