School Bake Sale

Decorating By jstan Updated 27 Apr 2011 , 2:55pm by Jennifer353

jstan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jstan Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 2:48am
post #1 of 4

I have been asked to run a table at my kids school end of the year party. It is a beach themed party. Anyway I just got my residential kitchen licence. It would be a great way to promote my new (legal) business. Ok the question is what should I make for the sale? I want to show that I can do more than chocolate chip cookies and whoppie pies. Anyone ever had a bake sale? What did you make? I was going to make a dummy wedding cake as a display...should I make it kid oriented? Cake pops/balls? Cupcakes? Please help I need ideas Please

3 replies
hvanaalst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hvanaalst Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 3:02am
post #2 of 4

If you are going to do a dummy cake I would say make it a cool kids cake. Then you might get some birthday cake business. Not a lot of people there looking for wedding cake I would think.

I have donated stuff to quite a few bake sales. Cake pops were a huge hit at the last one. Cupcakes with fun stuff on them - I did sea creatures and bugs for one sale. Also red velvet is great for the moms. I think most people think of that as a special treat. I did 6" cakes for a sale near halloween that sold well. Just enough cake for dessert after dinner. I also did decorated cookies for the halloween one that sold super quick.

homebasedbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 4

Andpotts had a neat idea for CUP cakes that she sold at a charity bake that could work well for your bake sale.
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-715043.html

And another topic a couple of weeks ago on cake sales.
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-713689.html

I would definately go with the kids themed dummy idea over a wedding one - if the children see a cake they want they will pester their parents to get it for their birthday partyicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%