Looking For A Cake That Had Been Posted

Decorating By cownsj Updated 25 Apr 2011 , 1:54am by Ummeiko

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 2:42am
post #1 of 32

Please help. I am looking for a cake I saw sometime in the past week or so. I was certain I had saved it to my favorites, but low and behold, it's not there. What I remember is that it was covered in black fondant and had these funky neon colored swirls, or curly ques. (Not sure what to call them). Nothing else on, well, at least that tier, not even sure if there were any other tiers, but that is the cake I'm looking to find. It had a bunch of neon colors that really popped against the black. If anyone knows the cake, please help. I've searched everything I can think of to search and gone through hundreds and hundreds of pages of cakes looking for it.

Thank you in advance.

31 replies
cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 2:59am
post #2 of 32

I remember that cake. I checked but I don't have it in my favorites. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 3:02am
post #3 of 32

This was titled *funky* which is a word you used to describe it - its not this is it?

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2011412

Bluehue

cownsj Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 12:14pm
post #4 of 32

Bluehue, that's not it, but it's a very cool cake. No, this one is an all black background with these pops of color. Just a small curl of bright neon colors on the cake.

cheatize , I'm glad someone else rembers it. I hope they didn't delete it. Maybe we did have it in our favorites??????

But if anyone else knows the cake and can help, please do.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 12:38pm
post #5 of 32

I think it was actually a really dark brown that looked almost black. If I'm remembering correctly she cake maker said it was dark brown in the comments... Maybe that would help search?

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 12:54pm
post #6 of 32
LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meenu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meenu Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 1:57pm
post #8 of 32

http://cakecentral.com//gallery/2006235

Is this the one you are looking for?

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 1:58pm
post #9 of 32
cownsj Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 4:45pm
post #10 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxymomma521

I think it was actually a really dark brown that looked almost black. If I'm remembering correctly she cake maker said it was dark brown in the comments... Maybe that would help search?

I'll try that for a search. Thank you. I tried black and neon, but maybe I need to call it dark brown, or just brown.

cownsj Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 4:49pm
post #11 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourPots

Did it have flowers?

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2009494

No, that's not it. No flowers. I wish I knew how to describe it better, I know there is a proper word that I can't think of. Of course, because I want to think of it.... lol They are just thin spaghetti type pieces that are put in the swirl. (boy I wish I could draw a design in here)

cownsj Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 4:49pm
post #12 of 32
Quote:

No, none of these either, but thank you.

cownsj Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 4:52pm
post #13 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by srkmilklady

Would this be the one??

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2006235

That's not it, but see how their curls are on the bottom, the black ones? Kinda like that, but in the neon colors and curled a little more tightly, not straigher end.

But I do love this cake, those paint spatters are so cool. And it does help me look a little further too, because I commented on this photo, and I'm pretty sure I saw them both the same day, the 17th. Maybe that will help. (boy I sure hope after all this work everyone is doing that it's still posted on here someplace...lol)

cownsj Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 4:54pm
post #14 of 32
Quote:

Would this be the one??

No, thank you srkmilklady. But isn't that the coolest cake? I love the concept of it, and the colors. But the swirls are similar to the ones on there in black, just tighter and in neon colors.

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 4:54pm
post #15 of 32
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 5:00pm
post #16 of 32

I know exactly which cake you mean but I don't know how to find it either...I remember it because it reminded me of my friend's cake which was similar, but smaller:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1928608

I believe the one you are talking about has something more along the lines of four tiers, and a different design, but the same idea of the dark fondant with bright cool colors on it.

cownsj Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 5:16pm
post #17 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

I know exactly which cake you mean but I don't know how to find it either...I remember it because it reminded me of my friend's cake which was similar, but smaller:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1928608

I believe the one you are talking about has something more along the lines of four tiers, and a different design, but the same idea of the dark fondant with bright cool colors on it.

Thanks kitagrl, as you know that's not the one, but how cool is this cake? More and more I'm just LOVING the bright colors on the black background. Boy, it really makes everything pop so much. The colors seem even more vibrant on the black. And as great as the black looks, and how strong a color, it seems to really fade into the background behind the colors.

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 6:40pm
post #18 of 32

This was posted in March. Two tier with neon quilled flowers.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1986639

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 6:56pm
post #19 of 32

Another one, brown fondant with bright quilling, not neon tho.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1929739

cownsj Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 7:01pm
post #20 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by warchild

Another one, brown fondant with bright quilling, not neon tho.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1929739

One quilling cake is great, but two? Are you trying to torture me here? icon_lol.gif I am so jealous of these and want to try to do one soooooo badly. It is such an incredible technique on the cakes I can't believe it. Ages ago I wanted to try it using paper but never did, now I'm seeing such gorgeous work done on here with it. One of these days....... and if I could be a quarter as good as these I'd be thrilled.

cownsj Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 7:10pm
post #21 of 32

I have to say, that in searching for this cake, and having gone through maybe 500 pages of cakes, I have gotten to see some of THE MOST gorgeous and incredible designs, techiques and overall appearance cakes. So for that alone I don't mind that I haven't found the cake I'm looking for....... yet. And I appreciate everyone trying to help me find it too.

Kitagrl Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 7:13pm
post #22 of 32

I guess its possible it got taken down...an earlier poster said she thought she saved it but could no find it, and I was thinking there was a possibility I saved it, but I don't have it...hmm.

I do know exactly which you meant because I saw it a couple weeks ago and I remember wondering if the person had gotten some inspiration from my friend's cake because the idea seemed similar in places.

sweetmonkeycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 7:26pm
post #23 of 32
Davwattie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Davwattie Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 7:45pm
post #24 of 32
srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 7:50pm
post #25 of 32

It's too bad you can't limit your search by week or month. I hope someone finds this for you soon cownsj or I'm not going to sleep tonight! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

luvbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbuttercream Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 8:02pm
post #26 of 32

This one was posted about a week or two ago and I loved it maybe this is it:

cownsj Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 9:16pm
post #27 of 32
Quote:

It's too bad you can't limit your search by week or month. I hope someone finds this for you soon cownsj or I'm not going to sleep tonight! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

awwwwww, that's so sweet. Fortunately I can picture it in my head and I have described it to my friends daughter, but I was hoping to be able to show it to her. But so far she's trusting my description of it. At least I could draw what the curls look like to her (clearly a simple thing to draw or I wouldn't have been able to do that.... hahahaha)

And thank you sweetmonkeycheese, LisaPeps and luvbuttercream , still not it. I'm thinking more and more they must have taken it down since a few of us remember seeing it, and we all thought we had saved it.

Whose ever cake this is, PUT IT BACK UP! lol Couldn't resist.

And when I came back to find it, I thought it's be sooooo easy to find again. But I really do appreciate everyone helping me try to find this cake again. If nothing else, I hope the caker who did it sees this thread and realizes it's their cake and how impressed we are with it, for those of us who saw it. But I've really been enjoying seeing all these other cakes. I miss seeing so many it's unbelievable.

Kitagrl Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 9:21pm
post #28 of 32

If we are talking about the same cake...it is like a four tiered version of my friend's cake, right, as far as initial look? But then of course the actual pattern was much different, but the color scheme was very similar....and the photo was very well taken as well...

I have to believe if it was still here, somebody would have found it...which stinks! It was a nice cake.

cownsj Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 10:47pm
post #29 of 32
Quote:

If we are talking about the same cake...it is like a four tiered version of my friend's cake, right, as far as initial look? But then of course the actual pattern was much different, but the color scheme was very similar....and the photo was very well taken as well...

I have to believe if it was still here, somebody would have found it...which stinks! It was a nice cake.

I do think we're talking about the same cake. It's crazy how well all of us who know which one I'm talking about can see it so clearly. It has to be the same one.

I can only imagine that the recipient of your friends cake must have gone crazy over getting that. I know I'd LOVE to get it. Gorgeous!

Kitagrl Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 10:51pm
post #30 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by cownsj

Quote:

I do think we're talking about the same cake. It's crazy how well all of us who know which one I'm talking about can see it so clearly. It has to be the same one.

I can only imagine that the recipient of your friends cake must have gone crazy over getting that. I know I'd LOVE to get it. Gorgeous!

It was actually a display cake for a cake show. haha. But yeah.....I fell in love for sure...would never have thought of it on my own.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%