Graceful Vines Imprint Mat

Decorating By KMianecki Updated 22 Apr 2011 , 5:23pm by srkmilklady

KMianecki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KMianecki Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 1:13am
post #1 of 7

Hi All! I am doing a Wedding cake this Sept and I am considering using my Wilton Graceful Vines Imprint mat on every other tier. I wanted to show the bride to be what this will look like, but the only pic I can find online is that same old green Wilton cake. Does anyone have any personal pics of cakes using this particular mat that they are willing to sure. It would be much appreciated.

6 replies
srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 1:49am
post #2 of 7

I did a cake and used the graceful vines on purple fondant on part of the cake. I loved how it came out. HTH... icon_smile.gif

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1767273

KMianecki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KMianecki Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 1:52am
post #3 of 7

This is PERFECT thanks so much!!! I can't wait to show her. Beautiful butterfly too icon_smile.gif

srkmilklady Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 1:56am
post #4 of 7

Hope she likes the pattern...glad I could help. thumbs_up.gif

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 2:32pm
post #5 of 7

srkmilklady...

Could you please give some helpful hints on how you use this roller with the fondant and then how do you get the fondant on the cake without distorting it when you lift it and smooth it? Your help would be appreciated as I have this roller but have never been successful using it.

Thanks

srkmilklady Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 5:07pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot

srkmilklady...

Could you please give some helpful hints on how you use this roller with the fondant and then how do you get the fondant on the cake without distorting it when you lift it and smooth it? Your help would be appreciated as I have this roller but have never been successful using it.

Thanks

Peridot, it isn't as easy as Wilton likes to make it sound. There is a video from a lady right here on CC. It is short, but gives you the general idea. Unfortunately, she isn't speaking in English, but you can get the general idea from her demonstration. Someone else on here also mentioned that once the fondant is on the cake, use a sponge like the pink square Wilton one to just press down lightly on the fondant instead of using a smoother. It is a little difficult but the result is sooo worth it. Good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5jekiCt4jc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

srkmilklady Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 5:23pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMianecki

This is PERFECT thanks so much!!! I can't wait to show her. Beautiful butterfly too icon_smile.gif

I don't know if you saw the wedding cake in blue and white made with the graceful vines impression mat, but it might be another pic you could show to the bride. It is a 4 tier cake with the white tiers embossed with the mat.

http://www.wilton.com/idea/Eternal-Embrace-Cake

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%