Air Brush Recommendations?

Decorating By maitej17 Updated 26 Apr 2011 , 1:19pm by maitej17

maitej17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maitej17 Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 1:03pm
post #1 of 5

Hi Everyone,

So I have finally decided to buy an airbrush, I've had several projects that having an airbrush would have saved my headaches (red tiers, silver buckets, etc). Now, I don't have endless amounts to spend on this, so I was hoping to get some recommendations from you guys ( I would like to stay under $200). I've read somewhere about single vs double, what's better?
Thanks for the help in advance!
Maite icon_smile.gif

4 replies
MJTKNT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJTKNT Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 9:17pm
post #2 of 5

I came on to post the same topic... I'll be watching for responses as well (though I'm looking to spend less than you if possible).

dmo4ab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmo4ab Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 1:43pm
post #3 of 5

I only purchased my airbrush a few months ago and am by no means an expert but I will gladly share what I know.
I purchased mine from Amazon.com. It's a Master Airbrush brand.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002QRWWH4/?tag=cakecentral-20
The airbrush was only about $75. I also purchased some cleaning brushes and two Amerimist coloring kits all for only $125 total.
I really don't know anything about one brand of airbursh versus another. I kind of had an impulse buy and splurged on this one, but I've been happy with it. It got good reviews on the website and it has served my needs as a hobby baker just fine.

Hope this helps you guys.

GamerGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GamerGirl Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 5

This is the air brush machine that I bought from Geraldine's - it has been working great and is under $200.00

http://j-wilton.com/store/sample-category/cake-decorating-tools-and-tips/air-brush.html

Hope this helps!

maitej17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maitej17 Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 1:19pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the advice. I've looked at Amazon, and I usually trust the ratings on there, but I did want a little bit of advice from some of the people on here that have been using them for a while.

Any other advice out there, I'd like to make my purchase soon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%