Will Marshmallow Frosting Pipe Well And Hold?

Baking By KateCoughlin Updated 20 Apr 2011 , 11:52pm by LaurenLuLu

KateCoughlin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateCoughlin Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 4:22am
post #1 of 3

Rather than using a standard buttercream recipe I would like to try marshmallow frosting on cupcakes. I have silicone "flower pot" cupcake molds and want to decorate as flowers. So I'll be piping flower petals and leafs on the cupcakes in various colors. Will a marshmallow frosting keep its shape and hold in this particular case? Below is the recipe I'd like to use...it doesn't employee eggs whites but rather the store bought creme such as Fluff. My thoughts are that the creme will act somewhat similar to crisco and therefore serve my purposes. Any input is appreciated. Thank you!

1 cup unsalted butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
7 ounce jar of marshmallow creme
2 cups confectioners sugar
2-4 tablespoons light cream

2 replies
Purpleivey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Purpleivey Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 4:24pm
post #2 of 3

I tried a Marshmallow frosting on my peanut butter cupcakes and I had to refrigerate it first to stiffen it up. It piped out nicely but after sitting out and getting back to room temp it started to sag and get soft again. I'm still looking for the perfect "marshmallow" frosting.

LaurenLuLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenLuLu Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 11:52pm
post #3 of 3

Saw this posted and the marshmallow frosting looks thick and tasty. Eat before clicking on the link..

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2011/01/31/hats-off-to-chocolate-hi-hat-cupcakes/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%