Can I Freeze This Cake?

Decorating By naughtyhobbit Updated 19 Apr 2011 , 7:36pm by awatterson

naughtyhobbit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
naughtyhobbit Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 5

My client just called and wants to change the date of reciving his cake. He was supposed to come to pick the cake tomorrow, now he wants to come on April 25th. The problem is, that I've alreday prepared the cake: I put some whipped cream with peaches inside, and I covered the top and sides with buttercream. Tomorrow moring I was going to decorate it with fondant. My question is: can I put this cake to the freezer, take it out on April 24th and then decorate? I just hope that nothing will melt or something... Thank you for your advice! (Grrrr, this whole situation made me really angry.)

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 5

Not sure how the filling is going to fare icon_sad.gif
Try taking a slice of peach in a bit of whipping cream and fz ita few hours to see how it will thaw out.
Explain to customer it's his problem - the filling might make the cake mushy icon_sad.gif
I've never used fresh fruit - except sliced banana which cannot be fzn - as filling so not sure how it's going to work out for you. If the peaches were/are canned I think it might be o.k. If they are fresh don't think it will.

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 6:08pm
post #3 of 5

I am not sure that I would freeze that one.

naughtyhobbit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
naughtyhobbit Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 7:10pm
post #4 of 5

The peaches are canned, they're not fresh... I'm also afraid what will happen with frozen whipped cream after defrosting. Although I've frozen a lot of different cakes and they were all more or less OK. But they were for me, this cake is for a client. Damm...He just wrote "Let's try to freeze it" and I wrote, that I can't guarantee that te cake will be 100% ok. I guess I will have to try after all. I'm deffinitely NOT going to do this again, moreover, this cake is made of gluten- free flour, which is expensive.

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 7:36pm
post #5 of 5

Then it is all on him if there is a problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%