Just What Should Be The Consistency Of Cakepops??

Baking By Kiddiekakes Updated 18 Apr 2011 , 1:32am by AnotherCaker

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 12

I am making cakepops for a customer order.I made a 10 inch cake as she only wants 20.I added 2 tbsps to the crumbled up cake but the end result still seemed doughy.

So I ask this to all cakepop makers....What should be the proper cakepop consistency/texture??

Thanks thumbs_up.gif

Laurel

11 replies
Cakeasyoulikeit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeasyoulikeit Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 12

I make mine to be basically like soft cookie dough. Then I scoop and put in the freezer for a little while before dipping.

Angel_Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angel_Cake Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 9:14pm
post #3 of 12

I don't know how much icing is in a can of icing, but Bakerella's book uses 3/4 of the can for a 9X13 cake. Sorry can't be exact but that should give you some idea...

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 9:32pm
post #4 of 12

I like cake pops to taste like CAKE not sludge (haha no offense to cake pop makers, they sure are cute!) so if I make them, I don't use anything but the cake..and the consistency is similar to if you just had a bunch of cake scraps and pushed them together into a moist ball.

Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 9:43pm
post #5 of 12

Thanks everyone..That is sort of what I was thinking but I was afraid they wouldn't hold together. Is that Babycakes cakepop maker worth it or only if you make alot??I don't make them often but I am thinking my kids may like the treats.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 9:52pm
post #6 of 12

If you don't make them often, just buy a small metal scooper....

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 9:54pm
post #7 of 12

mine is like Firl cookie dough.

KATHIESKREATIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 10:56pm
post #8 of 12

Whenever I make my cake pops, I crumble my cake & add whatever binder I am going to use, just enough to be able to roll into balls & have them hold together. Start out with a little & add more binder if you need it.

KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 11:07pm
post #9 of 12

Kiddiekakes, the Babycakes cakepop maker actually bakes your cake batter. I checked them out & if you get it a Kohl's make sure you use your coupon to get even a bigger discount. They are only about $25.00, so, I would think it is worth it if you have kids & want to make them for them. I was reading on here that a lot of people bought them & posted comments. Do a search to see if you can find it & see what they have to say about it. Good luck....

Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 11:30pm
post #10 of 12

Thanks Kathieskreations..I don't live in the US though so we don't have a Kohl's here but I may purchase one off of Babycakes site...I'm just afraid it will be another gadget I buy and use once icon_rolleyes.gif ..LOL..Like my George Foreman grill. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 12:14am
post #11 of 12

That is too funny...I buy things all the time. I am the gadget person around here..if it is out there, I probably have it from cotton candy machines to whatever. I bought so much when my kids were little we could hold a circus...if I had the animals! LOL The kids loved it all & we had so much fun. Now the grandkids use it & are having just as much fun. Of course now I am into bigger & more expensive things, like the new cakeball roller I just ordered. Can't wait for that one to come in. Just have FUN & MAKE MEMORIES!!! thumbs_up.gif

AnotherCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCaker Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 1:32am
post #12 of 12

I don't know what they should be like, but please tell me Starbucks birthday cake pops are not the goal. They're like a wad of raw cookie dough. Hurl!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%