Edible Diamonds

Decorating By Berwyn Updated 25 Apr 2011 , 1:58am by Coral3

Berwyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Berwyn Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 5:13pm
post #1 of 12

Are the diamonds on the attached picture edible, and if so where can I purchase them?

Thanks

11 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 12

The add an attachment to post software isn't working properly.

Can you add a link?

HTH

ezkate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ezkate Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 11:40am
post #3 of 12

hi there squires kitchen make edible diamonds they would be on their website i would guess or the web, i would like to get some myself!

Berwyn Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 12:25am
post #4 of 12

Ok, here is a link. I had a hard time finding a link. The cake has ribbon around the base with the diamonds on the ribbon. Is it possible that these are pins? I have concerns putting pins through a ribbon into a cake. I think these are some kind of edible jewels. Here is a link

http://gallery.me.com/thecakery1#100998/Starfish-20Bride-20--20Groom&bgcolor=black

I hope you can see the photo.

Thanks.

Berwyn Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 12:30am
post #5 of 12

ezkate,

I only saw molds on the squires kitchen web site. Did you see the diamonds? Can you post the link to the page?

Thanks

Linss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linss Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 12:46am
post #6 of 12

You can purchase edible diamonds/crystals. I received some today from www.diamondpartyconfetti.com they have different sizes. icon_biggrin.gif

corpsequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
corpsequeen Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 5:59am
post #7 of 12

Fancyflours.com sells both already made isomalt gems and supplies to make your own

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 8:03am
post #8 of 12
Quote:

The link isn't working.

ezkate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ezkate Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 11:34am
post #9 of 12

not a problem here you go, i just searched diamonds on the squires shop

http://www.squires-shop.com/ibf/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=diamonds&x=0&y=0

hope it worked
if not ebay you would be guaranteed to find some, a lady i often buy off usually has them she is on uk ebay but posts worldwide
goodluck
e

Berwyn Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 8:40am
post #10 of 12

The llink I post worked the other day, sorry. The phots I have seen are in magazines and unfortunately I can't find many on the internet. But, the diamonds are attached to the ribbon the circles the base of these cakes.

I will try all of the suggested links.

Thanks everyone.

Berwyn Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 1:46am
post #11 of 12

I purchased my edible diamond and should receive the in a few days. I had to purchase the stones as the studs are out of stock. The stones have are pointed on the bottom. What do you think is the best way to attach these to a ribbon that will circle the base of each tier?

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 1:58am
post #12 of 12

If you want a photo to show up in your post, here's how:

First upload the photo into an online photo site like Photobucket (getting a photobucket account is easy and FREE) then just copy the photo's image code (IMG Code) from photobucket and paste it into your post. Then when you hit 'submit comment' the photo will display in the thread. Easy.

Photobucket is here: http://photobucket.com/

I'm pretty sure you can also use Flickr like this too - just look for the image code (IMG code) and copy and paste it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%