How Do I Get Rid Of Those Love Handles On My Cake !!!

Decorating By claribou Updated 13 Mar 2014 , 11:47am by DaveHarvell

claribou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
claribou Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 5:49am
post #1 of 6

Hello,

No matter how hard I try, this happens every single time. I fill ma cake, make my crumb coat, let it sit a bit in the fridge, cover it with bc, let it sit a bit in the fridge and then cover it with fondant. Looks perfect .... but eventually, those |"/$% love handles appear on my beautiful cake, ruining the finish.

I'll try to explain what I mean by love handles : where the cake has been filled (I always put a border of bc on the outside circle and then fill the inside with my filling), the bc tends to escape from the inside of the cake, creating a fold of flesh (meaning fondant) all around the cake ...

Help !!!

Thanks a lot in advance

Isabelle

5 replies
Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 8:13am
post #2 of 6

Make the icing dam thicker in concistency and also thicker in diameter

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 10:35am
post #3 of 6

put a tile on top of your cake to let it settle after filling and frosting but before you put on the fondant. It may not be the filling bulging but rather the cake just settling and thus pushing the sides out

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
claribou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
claribou Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 11:32am
post #5 of 6

OMG ... just like that ? that's it ? Well, that sure is a DUH moment for me ... a thick dam and a tile ...

THANK YOU SO MUCH

DaveHarvell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaveHarvell Posted 13 Mar 2014 , 11:47am
post #6 of 6

A

You can lose your love handles through ZOX Formula.After having tried a variety of products, tips, tactics, diet plans and ebooks,But can't reduce my weight after applying ZOX Formula . I was able to reduce my weight from 200 pounds to 140 pounds. The best part is the tactics and strategies of ZOX formula, easy and simple, fun and they help me stay at 140 pounds without much of an exertion which is simply great and best way to lose love handles fast/ best way to get rid of love handles fast .

For more detail ZOX Formula -HowToLoseLoveHandles.biz

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%