Colorflow On B/c Cake

Decorating By t4beatles Updated 16 Apr 2011 , 2:15pm by sheilabelle

t4beatles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
t4beatles Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone,

Can someone explain how to do a colorflow on a buttercream cake.

I would need a recipe too.

Side question - How do I get the search feature to work? Would it work if I paid to be a member of the site?

5 replies
cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 6

Actually colorflow I don't think would work on a buttercream cake because traditionally colorflow is made with royal icing and putting it on a cake would cause it to break down especially if you put it directly on the cake while it is wet. The search function doesn't have anything to do whether you are a paid member or not the paid membership was to get rid of the adds on the site. If you would like to do a fbct here is the link: http://cakecentral.com/articles/73/how-to-create-a-frozen-buttercream-transfer

If you ever want to do a search it's better to do a google search and click on the advanced search button, (which is on the right hand side under the search button) and put cake central.com to where it says search within a site or domain. I hope that I have made sense.

oh back to colorflow a quick advanced search on google gave me the following results: http://www.google.com/search?q=colorflow+site%3Acakecentral.com&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-US%3AIE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7RNSN_en&num=10&lr=&ft=i&cr=&safe=off&tbs=

colorflow recipes: http://www.google.com/search?q=colorflow+site%3Acakecentral.com&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-US%3AIE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7RNSN_en&num=10&lr=&ft=i&cr=&safe=off&tbs=#sclient=psy&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&rls=com.microsoft:en-US%3AIE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7RNSN_en&source=hp&q=colorflow+recipes&aq=f&aqi=g-s1g-msx1&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=7e7d8e26231a088d

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 6

You can put colorflow on a cake once it's dry but I would put a barrier between the buttercream and the colorflow so that the oil won't seep through.

AngelFood4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelFood4 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 8:33pm
post #4 of 6

Have you considered using chocolate instead of color flow? You won't have to worry about it melting onto the BC.

When I apply fondant pieces to a "wet" or non-crusting frosting type of cake, I brush the backs with a thin coating of chocolate. It adds a barrier and protects it from absorbing the moisture.

t4beatles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
t4beatles Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 2:13am
post #5 of 6

I see, can't do it directly. Bummer!

Thank you for the replies & the search suggestion. icon_smile.gif

sheilabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilabelle Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 2:15pm
post #6 of 6

I have read that you can use sugar cubes under the colorflow piece. Place the cubes in the corner and in the middle to support it. Maybe you could even use little pices of fondant to suspend it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%