Was Wanting To Know Where I Get Cake Boards For A Good Price

Decorating By pheonix31571 Updated 15 Apr 2011 , 5:25pm by CWR41

pheonix31571 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pheonix31571 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 4:15pm
post #1 of 9

Hi I am starting to do well with my cake business, but I need a good cake board supplier. How do you get your cake boards do you make them or buy them. Need a cheap solution to this problem thank you so much,

Linda icon_smile.gif

8 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 9

To avoid possible shipping charges from online suppliers, you can look up your local wholesale bakery/paper supply companies.

Corrie76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie76 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 9

I order mine from BRP. They are a tiny bit pricier-but have free shipping which actually makes them the most reasonable on-line deal. They ship pretty fast too, I usually get them within a week of ordering. I get my boxes from them too and their cheapest brown bakery boxes are about 10 times sturdier than what you can find from wilton or at Party America - but they seem to be a little difficult for the average person to assemble and close the lids on...lol... seems like I have to help every single person re-close their box after they take a peak at the cake icon_lol.gif
They also just recently started offering 10 packs of their boards and boxes, you don't get as good of a price break compared to ordering the usual 50-100 count sets- but it's a great way to try out a board or box without having to commit to 100 of them!

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 4:54pm
post #4 of 9

you can try Ebay & www.wesellcoffee.com

HTH

basercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
basercakes Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 4:56pm
post #5 of 9

Is that website just www.BRP.com??

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 5:06pm
post #6 of 9

Their web site is http://www.brpboxshop.com/

For cake boards I prefer webstaurant, they have pretty good prices on gold cake boards with scalloped edges.

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/4447/cake-circles-cake-pads-and-cake-boards.html

NanaSandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaSandy Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 5:16pm
post #7 of 9

For cake boards, I use the foam board that you can buy at Hobby Lobby and use a drywall circle cutter to cut them. Which is the best thing since sliced bread!! Love that tool!! I only pay $1.99 for the boards and I tape 2 circles together and then cover the board. If you catch them on sale like I do, you only pay half price for them! I get 2 14' boards out of one piece of foam board.

CakeFaerieK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeFaerieK Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 5:17pm
post #8 of 9

Also try a local business that makes cardboard boxes. My sister's sister-in-law owns a box company and I get them from her..... I have to cut them to fit sometimes but it's way cheaper.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 5:25pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeFaerieK

Also try a local business that makes cardboard boxes. My sister's sister-in-law owns a box company and I get them from her..... I have to cut them to fit sometimes but it's way cheaper.

Corrugated cake circles cut from corrugated cardboard boxes aren't food safe (unless you're covering them with food safe material). The food safe circles are made for use "as is" for cake and pizza... they have a white paper surface, and don't require additional covering.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%