Provo Craft /cricut Compatible?

Decorating By labmom Updated 15 Apr 2011 , 7:05pm by tiggy2

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 3:11pm
post #1 of 3

I saw a thread on here about a computer system that worked with the cricut and that provo craft had a lawsuit against them. Can someone explain or tell me more about it. I have a friend that wants to buy this system and I told her to hold off because of what was on here. Too expensive to purchase if it is not going to work right? I think someone said that if you had the orig. but not the updated that it would work. but to purchase the new one.. it would not work with the cricut cake or any of the other cricuts...
thanks in advance for any help you can be....

2 replies
luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 3:23pm
post #2 of 3

I believe it was Make the Cut software and it can no longer be used with Cricut but the Sure Cuts Alot has not been prohibited from being compatible with Cricut yet.. so that might be an option. You might search MTC or SCA in the forums for the actual thread.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 7:05pm
post #3 of 3

MTC can no longer be used with the cricut unless you already have it and haven't updated it since 3/16/11 and haven't update the firmware on your cricut. I would highly recommend the silhouette machine from the above mentioned blog as it works perfectly with MTC and also has a print and cut feature. I have both the cricut and silhouette and prefer the silhouette. Linda from creative designs now has her class on DVD and it's aswome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%