Wedding Inquiry Slowdown?

Business By pinkpiggie78 Updated 16 Apr 2011 , 1:49am by leah_s

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 1:04pm
post #1 of 6

This is my first full year of business (started in April of 2009; maternity leave Feb 2010 - June 2010) and I was wondering if it was normal at this time of year for wedding inquiries to slowdown. I was having several inquiries a week, my tasting days booked, etc. and now I am lucky to get an inquiry or 2 a week. I am not complaining, as appreciate the break, but was wondering if April was a typical slowdown month.

5 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 10:28pm
post #2 of 6

Yes. icon_smile.gif I was just thinking today that it's the slumpy time of year around here. It usually goes in cycles where Jan-March is really busy because of Xmas and Valentine's Day engagements. Then it slows down A LOT for a while, then it picks up again in the summer from people who have set their wedding dates in November and December and who have been told that they can book things later because their wedding months aren't so busy.

The people who are calling me now have wedding dates either next year or in late 2011. This happens every year, so don't worry too much!

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 6

Yep, slowed down for me too. Although, it may be because I'm done taking orders for 2011 and I'm not scheduling tastings for any 2012 brides until I can get all my design meetings done.
For a while there it was a few every day. Now its a few a week, which is just fine with me!

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 11:12pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for your input! I just wanted to reassurance that I wasn't missing something. I expect slowdowns around the holidays, but nothing special stood out about April icon_smile.gif.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 11:16pm
post #5 of 6

just seasonal......

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 1:49am
post #6 of 6

Planning season is primarily Jan - end of March. After that it's wedding season. (Actually delivering the cakes.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%