Please Help Explain The Different Bc And How To Store

Decorating By Rain5605 Updated 15 Apr 2011 , 12:23am by DeezTreatz

Rain5605 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rain5605 Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 2

Hello everyone, I'm a new hobby baker and the only buttercream recipe I've used is egg based with boiled sugar water, unfortunately it doesnt say how to store icon_confused.gif . I kept the cake I used it on in the fridge, I assumed it had to be kept cold because of the eggs but I've read about a lot of different bc recipes where they can sit out, even though to me (and my inexperience lol) it sounded like it should of been kept cold. I guess my problem is, I don't know what bc recipes are ok to sit out or what ones have to be stored in the fridge. I'm most interested in the ones with the most basic ingredients because I live in a small town and have to travel hours to get to a walmart, I really have only the basics on hand. I was very disappointed our grocery store didn't have meringue powder thumbsdown.gif. It may be time for to start looking online for cretin things when I cant get out of town lol . If anyone can give me some advice or point me the right direction I'd be eternally grateful icon_smile.gif

1 reply
DeezTreatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeezTreatz Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 12:23am
post #2 of 2

Hi there!

A lot of CC users and myself use:
Indydebi's buttercream! It can be left out of the fridge - or in the fridge... icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%