No Fail Stable Filling?

Baking By johnson6ofus Updated 1 May 2011 , 4:16pm by sugarspice

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 12:15am
post #1 of 9

Not usually a fondant baker, but I need a shelf stable GOOD filling for chocolate and white cake. My usual filling, I refrigerate. Under fondant, I am unsure. Can I use raspberry filling, even with "counter top" storage rather than refrigeration? Help? You pro know the cake chemistry much better than my guesses.

Can I use the 1 cup whipping cream, 1 cup milk, 1 pack instant pudding filling and not poison people? Help? icon_cry.gif

8 replies
Mfattore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mfattore Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 1:26am
post #2 of 9

I use the sleeve fillings for a non-refridgerated fondant cake. They have raspberry as well as many other flavors. I also whip up Rich's Bettercreme and fold in a fruit filling or crushed oreos, or something to make it more tasty. You can also use regular buttercream mixed with sleeve filling or crushed cookies or candy for variety without needing refridgeration.

bates123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bates123 Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 2:02am
post #3 of 9

Someone on Cake Central told me that they mix one jar of strawberry "All Fruit" jam with one box of strawberry jello. Don't add water to jello, just the powder. It's absolute delicious and everyone who has tasted it loves it. I've done the same with raspberry jam and jello. It's great too. I'm not a fan of jam in cake but I love this one.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 4:05am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bates123

Someone on Cake Central told me that they mix one jar of strawberry "All Fruit" jam with one box of strawberry jello. Don't add water to jello, just the powder. It's absolute delicious and everyone who has tasted it loves it. I've done the same with raspberry jam and jello. It's great too. I'm not a fan of jam in cake but I love this one.

Glad it worked out for you. icon_smile.gif

Here's the link to the recipe:
(Scroll down.)

http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/CakeFilling.htm

HTH

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 1:41pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks for the ideas... had weird "error" messages and couldn't get on CC, and when I posted this, I saw it posted like 4 times... icon_eek.gif . Hubby's computer seems fine, mine is spazzing on this site...

tamdan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tamdan Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 3:17am
post #6 of 9

You can also whip up Pastry Pride and fold in a sleeve filling and you won't poison anybody.

fedra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fedra Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 3:49am
post #7 of 9

I'm going to try the all fruit jam with jello for a baptism cake I am making this weekend. Thanks for the info!

AngelaHudson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaHudson Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 4:00am
post #8 of 9

Sorry, but what is sleeve icing?

sugarspice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarspice Posted 1 May 2011 , 4:16pm
post #9 of 9

Check this link for info/ordering of sleeve fillings
http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&productId=619073

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%