Substitution For Bailey's Irish Cream

Baking By nikki1273 Updated 13 Apr 2011 , 12:03am by PattyT

nikki1273 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki1273 Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 11:20pm
post #1 of 3

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried using Bailey's Irish Cream Coffee Creamer (liquid form) in place of the real thing (whiskey) in your recipes. I am afraid this may be too sweet. icon_confused.gif

2 replies
kc03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kc03 Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 11:36pm
post #2 of 3

I use different flavors of coffee creamer all the time, including the Bailey's Irish cream. IMO it isnt too sweet. And, I have never had any one say they thought it was too sweet. I usually substitute 1/2 the amount of water called for with what ever creamer Iam using.

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 13 Apr 2011 , 12:03am
post #3 of 3

Hey nikki1273 - I make Bailey's cupcakes and buttercreams a lot around St. Patrick's day, and I have a co-worker of Irish descent who loves it, so I use it for her birthday cupcakes. This year when searching for recipes I found that LorAnn oils makes an Irish Cream flavoring. I can't remember where I ended up ordering it from, but it smells and tastes **just** like Bailey's. I did use Bailey's in my recipes, but added this for some extra "oomph".

If it's the alcohol or the cost of the Bailey's (which is not cheap - I buy alternate Irish Cream brands to keep the cost down) you might want to try that with milk.

As I said, I can't recall which supplier I ordered it from, but they were an online vendor and I'm looking at the label now and it is LorAnn. I think they have their own site.

Hope this helps.
Pat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%