Large Chocolate High Heel Shoe Ideas?

Sugar Work By CandyLady Updated 26 Jul 2014 , 1:23am by freestylecakesbyrenne

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 11:03pm
post #1 of 5

curious thumbs_up.gif if anyone has the mold and made this did you find it difficult? Also, did you fill with truffles? Love it and can't wait to try it for Easter Gifts.

4 replies
golfergal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfergal Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 2:21am
post #2 of 5

I tried my first chocolate mold shoe. I learned a thing or two, and though they are not perfect (I made two), I think they are really cute. I'm still working on them and will try to post some pics..

Bought the Wiltons white chocolate melts. I wasn't sure about how to use the molds, so I tried to get the melted chocolate evenly distributed with a piece of the plastic on top still attached. Not good. I also trimmed the mold a bit too much, so be sure to leave a margin around the mold to allow for the clips to attach.

I used the MW to melt the chocolate. Worked okay, but be careful that you don't over heat the chocolate.

The most difficult part was filling the mold evenly. I found that it's best to fill one half with chocolate then quickly clip the two pieces together and slowly rotate the chocolate to fill the other side. It's messy..really messy...put a foiled like cookie sheet under the shoe while you rotate the chocolate around the mold. I had some spilling on the outside of the mold, which was okay, but it was really sticky and messy on my counter. The chocolate won't set right away, but I did toss several attempts out as the chocolate did not fill the mold completely and the shoe cracked. I would err on the side of more chocolate than less. The heel should be solid...the other parts not so much, but the sides are tricky and require a lot of turing to be sure to get the mold covered. Next shoe I'm going to do one and put in refrig, as the instructions suggest...for 8 minutes or so..then, melt another batch of chocolates and do another coat...and then another coat. I melted the whole bag and ended up wasting quite a bit as it hardened before I made enough layers and when I tried to re-melt, it got too hot...

The finished shoe snapped out of the mold easily, but I handdled the shoe too much on one side and it broke off...heat of my hand caused the chocolate to melt...argh! I ended up trimming the other side to match the lopsided side...but, it's cute and so fun.

The fondant shoe is actually easier to make...and I love both of them! icon_smile.gif
But, the chocolate shoe is super yummy...let me know how it turns out!

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 2:37am
post #3 of 5

Jennifer Dontz, has a chocolate shoe tutorial on this site, she also sells the molds on her site, www.sugardelites.com or you can get them on Amazon.
www.sugarteachers.blogspot.com look for tutorials.

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 12:11pm
post #4 of 5

thanks so much...I love doing chocolates and molds are not usually a problem...it took me 3 attempts to make this shoe the hardest part being swirling he chocolate in the toe area. I usually chill mine in freezer for a few minutes and then recoat but found that the toe area (sides) kept cracking so cleaned up, walked away and then tried later using fridge to chill this time...worked out so much better. It really is lovely filled with chocolates. I can see why they are getting $45 each online for these lovely shoes. I too had to be careful handling it because it is fingerprint heaven...last attempt used a clean cotton kitchen towel to place it in the bag. thanks again for your input. pat

freestylecakesbyrenne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freestylecakesbyrenne Posted 26 Jul 2014 , 1:23am
post #5 of 5

I am ordering a mold from Amazon right now.  I love these and have taken all your input to heart!  Wish me luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%