Wilton Cut And Press Leaf Set

Decorating By kristiemarie Updated 12 Apr 2011 , 8:33pm by kristiemarie

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 7

I know, I know, Wilton sucks. icon_razz.gif But right now, I don't have the funding to get a real mold for leaves and veining so this $7 piece of plastic might have to do.

How does it work? Is it worth it to take it out of the package or should I save my money (or rather get it back) and vein by hand?

Any reviews?

6 replies
JenFailla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenFailla Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 7

If you are talking about the one that has two pieces that you fit together (sorta rectanglish) then I would really go get my money back. I got one as a gift - along with other caking items and I've had nothing but problems with it sticking. I've tried dusting cornstarch in it to help with that, but it still seems to stick and when I try to delicately pull them out with a toothpick - they either warp or tear. I'm in the same boat- I don't really want to shell out for better molds right this minute, but if I have a cake to do that requires a lot of leaves, I'll be scooting my tush to the cake store and get one.

Maybe others have had more luck than me???

hollynme2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollynme2 Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 7

I bought one of these too out of desparation.....yikes. Don't let yourself buy this contraption. It doesn't work and really is a waste of money.

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 7:43pm
post #4 of 7

horrible. i bought the flower and the leaf set and even with a 50% off coupon i think i payed too much for this piece of s#!!t.

Goonergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goonergirl Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 7:55pm
post #5 of 7

Agreed. Yet another Wilton piece of cr@p.

kneenah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneenah Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 8:14pm
post #6 of 7

get ur money back, i am doing the wilton course now and we have the flower one and i hate it.. Ur better off doing what i did.. i cant offed all thos fansy mold either so i use the cut outs.. and make my own lines in them... another thing not sure where ur from BUT if there is a michaels by u, print out the 40% -50% coupons if ur going to buy wilton products cuz at least that way u dont fill guilty if u buy something that u dont like...

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 8:33pm
post #7 of 7

well, that just about sums that up! I'm taking it back!! It's in the bag, with the receipt ready to go back on the shelf!

Thanks all!!! Glad I asked!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%