Led Lights As Seen On Cake Boss

Decorating By cakesbyanh Updated 13 Apr 2011 , 2:29am by lenagc

cakesbyanh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyanh Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 12

Does anyone know what kind of LED lights were used on the floral cake that was featured on Cake Boss a couple of nights ago, and where to get them? They looked very small and bright, maybe about 1" long each? Thanks!

11 replies
lenagc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lenagc Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 12

Hi there, I believe the lights are called balloon lights. You can look on amazon that is where I get them, you can also use lit up olive sticks, you can also get them through amazon, although those are not as bright and are very long. I use the balloon lights they last for 8 hours and are a great price.
On another note, I'm reaching out to all my cake friends here on CC to please pray for my little 3 year old nephew, he goes for surgery on Friday to remove a large mass the doctors think is malignant. His name is Dominick. Please pass on this request to anyone willing to pray for this precious baby.
Thank you God Bless. and good luck with the lights.
Helen

Deehrvy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deehrvy Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 4:51pm
post #3 of 12

I used some a cake one time and I got them from Michaels, they are in the bridal section. They are individual little lights that come two in a pack and you twist them to turn them on and they will light for about 8 hours. There are also blinking lights too. The design I did was a airplane on a runway, and I had the lights as the runway lights.

Kaybaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaybaby Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 4:58pm
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenagc

Hi there, I believe the lights are called balloon lights. You can look on amazon that is where I get them, you can also use lit up olive sticks, you can also get them through amazon, although those are not as bright and are very long. I use the balloon lights they last for 8 hours and are a great price.
On another note, I'm reaching out to all my cake friends here on CC to please pray for my little 3 year old nephew, he goes for surgery on Friday to remove a large mass the doctors think is malignant. His name is Dominick. Please pass on this request to anyone willing to pray for this precious baby.
Helen

Prayers and hugs to Dominick.

Vonda

jewels710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewels710 Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 5:02pm
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenagc

Helen

I said a prayer for him and put it in my God box. Hugs to you and your family.

KAMI_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KAMI_Cakes Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 5:05pm
post #6 of 12

Good luck Dominick, we're pulling for you!

The balloon lights I keep finding are like 5-6 inches long. Does anyone have a link to smaller ones? And will they affect the cake in anyway if they're left on for 8 hours straight? Heat?

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 5:22pm
post #7 of 12

I have found these lights at the larger walmarts superstores in the bridal craft section. They sell either single, or ina pack of I think 6. they aren't expensive.
The ones I purchased did not get hot. They were small. I have also seen them at dollar tree, and some of the party stores.
Also places like pat catains, (craft store) has them in the bridal and floral departments. Hope you find what your looking for.

*my praryes to the little guy Dominick!* and his family.

nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 5:49pm
post #8 of 12

Dominick and is family are on my prayer list.

God Bless

lenagc Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 8:42pm
post #9 of 12

Thank you nancyg, God Bless.
Helen

buttercuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercuppie Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 8:51pm
post #10 of 12

Will definitely be praying for Dominick & his family.

lenagc Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 8:53pm
post #11 of 12

Thank you! thank you! buttercuppie, God Bless. Helen

lenagc Posted 13 Apr 2011 , 2:29am
post #12 of 12

Thank you so much, to all you wonderful people, for praying for little Dominick. I really believe there is power in prayer. PLease pass on this prayer request to anyone willing to pray for this precious baby.
From all the members of my family WE THANK YOU!!!!! CCr's are the best.
Gods rich blessing to all.
Helen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%