Non-Refrigerated Buttercream Recipes

Baking By soxbelle Updated 12 Apr 2011 , 1:11am by johnson6ofus

soxbelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soxbelle Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 12:34am
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have a good buttercream recipe that doesn't have to be refrigerated?? I always worry that any recipe that has milk in it must be refrigerated. Is that true?? I would appreciate any help!!! Thanks!!

4 replies
pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 12:41am
post #2 of 5

No, the sugar in it acts as a preservative so it does not need to be refrigerated. There are some great bc recipes on here and none need to be refrigerated, Indydebi's and sugar shacks recipes are 2 that come to mind

kristieanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristieanna Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 12:47am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycakesnj

No, the sugar in it acts as a preservative so it does not need to be refrigerated. There are some great bc recipes on here and none need to be refrigerated, Indydebi's and sugar shacks recipes are 2 that come to mind

^Agreed!
I never refrigerate my buttercream. icon_biggrin.gif

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 12:58am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristieanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycakesnj

^Agreed!
I never refrigerate my buttercream. icon_biggrin.gif

Me too, I never refrigerate buttercream unless I have to make alot and it will sit out for more than 4 days but excellent everytime even after coming out of frig

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 1:11am
post #5 of 5

I am OK with buttercream at room temp, but what's the "trick" or "rule" on the fillings? Like, the amount of sugar versus milk to be shelf stable?

Sorry to hijack thread... but just thinking about refrigeration and the coming warm season....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%