Cake Supplies In Winston Salem, Nc?

Decorating By ctayl104 Updated 12 Apr 2011 , 7:14pm by robinmarie

ctayl104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctayl104 Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 16

I am from the Winston Salem, NC area and cannot figure out where to go to get cake supplies. I am new to this and have been using the Michael's type stores, but it is very limited. Can you give me any cheaper websites or stores around my location to use? Thanks!

15 replies
CupQuequito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupQuequito Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 3:35pm
post #2 of 16

Welcome

Global Sugar Art is one
Amazon is another
U.S. Cake Supply

HTH

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 3:51pm
post #3 of 16

Country Kitchen Sweet Art is an excellent source.

sabre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabre Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 4:26pm
post #4 of 16

www.fondantsource.com is located in Florida. Their prices are reasonable, and shipping charges to NC will be tolerable.

Sugar-n-Spice5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar-n-Spice5 Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 1:15pm
post #5 of 16

Kitchen Kake Magic on Trademart Blvd. They have everything you need and they are so helpful and friendly.

LaurenLuLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenLuLu Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 11:18pm
post #6 of 16

There's a place near Raleigh called the North Carolina Paper Company that's supposed to be incredible. I know it's a bit of a trek (I'm in High Point) but may be worth it to go every couple of months or so to restock.

http://www.ncpaperco.com/

shyann_rayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shyann_rayne Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 11:10am
post #7 of 16

There is also Crawfords Creations in Greensboro. She is a member here!
http://www.crawfordscreations.com/

robinmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinmarie Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 11:48am
post #8 of 16

I am going to NC on Thursday to see my parents and I saw a thread in one of the forums about NC paper co. I already told my folks to take me there. I can't wait to see their selections because we only have the craft stores in my town as well. Is there anyone that can tell me more about NC paper Co? Thanks a bunch.

shyann_rayne Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 11:54am
post #9 of 16

I went about a year ago. They carry Satin Ice and Pettnice fondant and gumpaste. They have alot of Wilton and CK items. A few cookie cutters, alot of chocolate molds, sleeve fillings, and general supplys.

shyann_rayne Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 11:55am
post #10 of 16

oh and they carry some premade gumpaste flowers.

LaurenLuLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenLuLu Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 11:58am
post #11 of 16

shyann, we share a birthday!

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 12:22pm
post #12 of 16

I order from www.fondantsource.com and GSA regularly and get my orders usually in 2 or 3 days (even when selecting ground). Their prices are outstanding so I can definitely recommend going with them!

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 12:31pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinmarie

I am going to NC on Thursday to see my parents and I saw a thread in one of the forums about NC paper co. I already told my folks to take me there. I can't wait to see their selections because we only have the craft stores in my town as well. Is there anyone that can tell me more about NC paper Co? Thanks a bunch.

I go quite regularly. Their prices are ok, definitely high for fondant and some things, Still in cases like that I recommend ordering online even with shipping cost It's cheaper than their prices for that stuff.

They have a wide selection of pans both wilton and magic line and a few fat daddio's. They are pretty good for getting your paper goods. And they definitely carry a lot of wilton stuff. (But I usually hold out to use my Craft store coupons at other retailers)

Hope this helps if you need any more info just ask icon_wink.gif

kimboann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimboann Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 12:55pm
post #14 of 16

There is also Hobby Lobby in High Point and Greensboro. I live in Lexington and am only a hobby baker. I have a hard time paying all the shipping costs for online stores but have ordered a few things from the sites recommended.

Happy Baking!

rhondab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhondab Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 1:27pm
post #15 of 16

Can you W-S folks tell me if Kitchen Kake Magic carries high-ratio shortening? I'm in southwest Virginia, but travel through Winston-Salem to Raleigh often, but little time for just shopping around.

Also, I bought parchment paper from Chefsmart in Winston-Salem, big pack, but with no shipping, really good price.

robinmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinmarie Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 7:14pm
post #16 of 16

Thanks to all for giving me more info about NC paper Co. I'll report back this Friday when I go!!! Got to pack!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%