Cream Cheese Frosting On Cuppies In The Fridge Overnight

Baking By Kamstor Updated 26 May 2011 , 1:26pm by sweetbeesbakeshop

Kamstor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kamstor Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 5

I have to make 75 Red Velvet cupcakes for a Sunday wedding. My delivery time is going to be at least two hours away from my house and a 2pm delivery/set up time for a 4pm wedding. I am worried about heat since I am CA and not sure what the weather is going to be like.

I was hoping to make and decorate cakes with cream cheese icing and the little pearl balls the day before the wedding. I was hoping to store them in clam shells in the fridge. Does anyone see an issue with this. I figured if they were kept cold till time of delivery they would not melt/soften to much during the travel time. When I arrive at the venue I am not worried about melting since the reception is in a wine cellar.

I would love any feed back.

Thank You

4 replies
SugarFiend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFiend Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 10:54pm
post #2 of 5

I think they'll be fine in the fridge overnight. In fact, I'd leave them there until just before you leave - because I'd be more concerned about them being out of refrigeration from noon until sometime after 4 p.m. I get a little jumpy with cream cheese icing.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 1:33am
post #3 of 5

Sounds like you have a great plan icon_smile.gif

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 1:51am
post #4 of 5

I use a cream cheese based buttercream and I keep my frosted cakes in the refrigerator until delivery. They travel better and everything tastes really fresh when they come to room temp.

sweetbeesbakeshop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbeesbakeshop Posted 26 May 2011 , 1:26pm
post #5 of 5

I always make my cupcakes the night before.. I just made some strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and left them in the fridge overnight. To me, they do taste fresher once they get to room tempature for your client!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%