Please Help, How Do You Answer To This Part Ii

Decorating By CakeswLove Updated 9 Apr 2011 , 10:10pm by CakeswLove

CakeswLove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeswLove Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 9:54pm
post #1 of 18

This is an article that will be published tomorrow in the newspaper the Republican and it mentions the UMASS cake icon_eek.gif what do I do icon_redface.gif INPUT NEEDED PLEASE icon_cry.gif

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.masslive.com%2Fliving%2Findex.ssf%2F2011%2F04%2Fcakes_with_love_the_hardwork_story_of_the_decorating_diva_and_the_master_carver.html&h=5a2d6

17 replies
CreativeCakesbyMichelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakesbyMichelle Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 10:23pm
post #2 of 18

Is this an actual newspaper or just an online site? Just wondering because I see quite a bit of typos and grammatical errors for an actual newspaper article. So I'm wondering what the readership numbers actually are for this. Could you contact the author of the article before it's published tomorrow so she can correct the article to say the order is pending or something?

Allie06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Allie06 Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 10:25pm
post #3 of 18

Did you not make the cake? Because the article is really sweet.

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 11:07pm
post #4 of 18

Have you contacted the person that ordered the UMASS cake at all to tell them your concerns about payment? If so what is the response? I would contact the author of the article and try to get them to change it. I would also tell then to fix all the typos.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 11:53pm
post #5 of 18

I just clicked on that above link. It went to Facebook, then a notice popped up that I was being directed to a suspect site.

I got a nasty virus here, once before. Be careful. If you went there, probably smart to do a virus scan.

CakeswLove Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 1:42am
post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiFix

I just clicked on that above link. It went to Facebook, then a notice popped up that I was being directed to a suspect site.

I got a nasty virus here, once before. Be careful. If you went there, probably smart to do a virus scan.

I don't know how, its just a newspaper online site, not a virus icon_confused.gif I had posted before to ask input about the cake that wont' pay after 2 weeks of delivery..... I don't know how you got a virus .......... sorry for that icon_sad.gif

MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 2:01am
post #7 of 18

You are right Mimifix, I would not open the link, it looks like a virus.

CakeswLove Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 3:06am
post #8 of 18
CakeswLove Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 3:08am
post #9 of 18

The other one I posted was the link on my Facebook page I posted from the site that is why it had a pop up, NOT A VIRUS icon_confused.gif

CreativeCakesbyMichelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakesbyMichelle Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 4:57am
post #10 of 18

I clicked on the original link to read the article. It redirects you from facebook. It's not a virus. I'd be more worried about getting a virus here on CC. My Norton has picked up several from here.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 5:47am
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeswLove

This is an article that will be published tomorrow in the newspaper the Republican and it mentions the UMASS cake icon_eek.gif what do I do icon_redface.gif INPUT NEEDED PLEASE icon_cry.gif

Misprints and "new info" are common for newspapers, so i wouldn't worry. You WERE asked to do the commission on the singer's cake. And you WERE working on a design. The fact that "it never happened" or "parties could not reach an agreement on price" is new info available AFTER the publication of the article.

Good article for you!

CakeswLove Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 5:53am
post #12 of 18

Misprints and "new info" are common for newspapers, so i wouldn't worry. You WERE asked to do the commission on the singer's cake. And you WERE working on a design. The fact that "it never happened" or "parties could not reach an agreement on price" is new info available AFTER the publication of the article.

Good article for you![/quote]

Thank you for your input, I do feel much better...... icon_redface.gif I was really worried and some of my customers send me messages about trying to get a ticket for the show just to see the cake icon_surprised.gificon_sad.gif I did messaged the director this morning about it but never got a response back, Oh well his loss icon_rolleyes.gif

johnson6ofus Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 6:01am
post #13 of 18
Quote:

I was really worried and some of my customers send me messages about trying to get a ticket for the show just to see the cake icon_surprised.gificon_sad.gif

Maybe post on your facebook and/or website, "After my win at _______ with this Dr. Suess cake, I was honored to be approached by UMASS to make a cake for country singer _________. While I appreciate the compliment and trust they placed in me to make such an important cake, budget, time and scheduling conflicts keep us from making an agreement on a cake for that event." You still get the benefit of advertising your win and the offer of making this cake, without having to do it, and your customers hoping to see it are not disappointed. thumbs_up.gif

Foxicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Foxicakes Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 6:53am
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson6ofus

Quote:

I was really worried and some of my customers send me messages about trying to get a ticket for the show just to see the cake icon_surprised.gificon_sad.gif

Maybe post on your facebook and/or website, "After my win at _______ with this Dr. Suess cake, I was honored to be approached by UMASS to make a cake for country singer _________. While I appreciate the compliment and trust they placed in me to make such an important cake, budget, time and scheduling conflicts keep us from making an agreement on a cake for that event." You still get the benefit of advertising your win and the offer of making this cake, without having to do it, and your customers hoping to see it are not disappointed. thumbs_up.gif

I agree totally!! BTW, GREAT explanation johnson6ofus, very diplomatic.

CakeswLove Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 4:14pm
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxicakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson6ofus

Quote:

I agree totally!! BTW, GREAT explanation johnson6ofus, very diplomatic.

I totally agree also, very Professional and to the point icon_rolleyes.gif would you mind if I keep this and maybe use it icon_wink.gif thank you ladies you are all Awesome thumbs_up.gif

johnson6ofus Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 7:00pm
post #16 of 18

thanks all... use at your discretion... we are here to share. icon_biggrin.gif

BTW: "keep" should be changed to "kept".

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 8:06pm
post #17 of 18

Have you contacted the person that ordered the UMASS cake at all to tell them your concerns about payment? If so what is the response? I would contact the author of the article and try to get them to change it. I would also tell then to fix all the typos.

CakeswLove Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 10:10pm
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginaherrin

I did contacted them, they told me it was the finance department the ones that they had to deal with ...... and I sent the link with the article but NO answer.... its ok I believe its just NOT for me icon_wink.gif

Ohh and they did fix all the typos, I got the one in the newspaper today and its all corrected thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%