Minnie Mouse's Pink Bow

Decorating By tinaclarke Updated 9 Apr 2011 , 12:35pm by tinaclarke

tinaclarke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinaclarke Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 8:32pm
post #1 of 4

I am working on a Minnie Mouse cake which I am putting the ears on the top tier then her pink bow over the ears. I did my practice bows today, which were going to be my usable ones if they came out, but I cannot seem to get the color right.
Has anyone done a Minnie Mouse cake with a pink bow? I am using Wilton rose color but it looked more orange than pink. I added a dab of purple but that made it worse. Looked for Minnie Mouse colors and found a Mickey Mouse clubhouse one but it doesn't come with pink. I know there are lots of other pinks but hate to keep wasting fondant to try them, so just wondering if anyone has done this and remembers what color they used.
Thanks Very Much!

3 replies
Estie13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Estie13 Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 4

When I did a Minnie Mouse cake I used the wilton Rose and it came out the perfect colour, not at all orangey. Sorry that's not really much help, is it

SammieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SammieB Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 4

When I did the bow on my Minnie Mouse cake I did just the plain on Wilton Pink. I did add just a couple of drops of a neon pink food color, just for a touch more brightness, but no more than 2-3 drops so it wouldn't really affect the fondant. I always use homemade MMF and add the color to the melted marshmallows before mixing in the sugar though.

tinaclarke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinaclarke Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 12:35pm
post #4 of 4

I'm wondering if something is wrong with this Wilton pink rose color that i have. i'll go out today and get some regular pink and another jar of this rose and see if it comes out. Thanks !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%