Kitchen Aide, Kenmore, What To Chose, What To Chose

Decorating By SweetCakesbyAmy Updated 10 Apr 2011 , 4:21am by Marianna46

SweetCakesbyAmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCakesbyAmy Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 5:19pm
post #1 of 6

So i'm going this week to get a new mixer and I need advice on what is the best for my budget. I'm confused what the differance is between the differnet Kitchen Aide's as well as is a Kenmore any good (i usually only hear you all talk about KA's on here) This is my first Stand mixer purchase!

I have found:

5 Quart Artisan KA for 269.99
5 Quart Pro 500 KA for 242.99
4.5 Quart Classic Plus KA for 194.88
5 Quart 5 plus Series KA for 319.99

5 Quart Elite Kenmore for 168.74

Im wanting to keep my budget around 200-250 if at all possible. But if there is a significant reason to bump up higher I will.

Any help you can give me I truly appreciate!!!

5 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 6

I have the 5 qt. KA Pro, and I'm very happy with it. I like the the fact that the bowl rises up to the beaters instead of the the head tilting back, as in the Artisan. I'm not sure, but I'd be surprised if the Kenmore has as powerful a motor as the KA, and this makes a BIG difference. The nice thing about the KA is that you can do things with it that would burn out other motors. And, of course, take the 5 qt. over the 4.5 qt. one. For some reason, a lot of doubled recipes (many cakes and your basic buttercream, for example) will just barely fit in the 5 qt. one, but wouldn't fit in the 4.5.

MissKendra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissKendra Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 8:05pm
post #3 of 6

I did a great deal of research before buying my stand mixer. I went into it think I would end up with a KA Artisan, but actually purchased the Kenmore instead. It has the same amount of power as the KA, came with an extra bowl (3 qt) and was $100 lower in price. But honestly, the biggest selling point for me was the fact that the Kenmore has a FIVE year warranty as opposed to KA's ONE year warranty.

I've been super happy with my Kenmore stand mixer. I use it daily and wonder now how on earth I ever lived without it! lol

SweetCakesbyAmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCakesbyAmy Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 2:06am
post #4 of 6

So I bought my mixer today. I went with the Kenmore! As you said Miss Kendra, it has a 3 and 5 qt bowl, 400 Watt speed, 5 year warranty, a light to see in the bowl...and more. I couldnt pass it up---especially when Sears was selling the Floor Display for 149.00!!!! They are regulary 199.00 at Sears. The only down side i found when doing my research was the Kenmore is loud...well i could care less that its loud-I have 3 kids! LOL

MissKendra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissKendra Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 4:04am
post #5 of 6

Happy for you!! You'll love it! Mine is red and my husband still teases me about it being like buying a car to me. Yup...that's my little red corvette up on the kitchen counter! LOL

It is a little loud, but like you I have three kids. I think my definition of loud is a little more lax than most. It seems to get a little quieter with use. And I LOVE the extra bowl! The 3 quart is a perfect size for a little batch of icing.

Congrats!! I'm happy for you!!

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 4:21am
post #6 of 6

Congratulations! Sounds like you got yourself a real deal! I never would have thought the Kenmore would hold a candle to the Kitchen Aid, but I see I was wrong. And let me just say that the KA isn't particularly quiet, either. I wish you many happy days of cake making.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%