Where To Buy Sps In Canada?

Decorating By cowie Updated 14 Sep 2015 , 5:33pm by mmhassa2

cowie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowie Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 13

Does anyone know of a place in Canada where you can buy/order SPS from? The shipping from the US is a lot. icon_sad.gif

12 replies
specialtycakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
specialtycakecreations Posted 5 May 2011 , 7:24am
post #2 of 13

Would love to know as well.

bgsoltis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bgsoltis Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 12:38am
post #3 of 13

Bumping this topic because no one has answered so trying again. Does anyone know where to buy an SPS in Canada? Specifically, Ontario, but anywhere in Canada is better than nothing. Thanks!!! icon_rolleyes.gificon_smile.gif

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 1:04am
post #4 of 13

A couple of years ago I purchased SPS through L & M Bakers Supply in Ontario. They were great to deal with and fairly fast with their shipping. They did have a minimum order though - I think it was $50 but that's not hard to spendicon_smile.gif

I haven't ordered through them since then as I now get my cake supplies delivered to my aunt in the States and pick it up when I visit. It's worth a try though to see if they could still get it for you.

floursifter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floursifter Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 1:29am
post #5 of 13

Please let me know what is SPS.

bgsoltis Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 6:00pm
post #6 of 13

floursifter - sps is Single Plate System I believe. It is a system for stacking cakes that I understand is terrific for stability of the cakes. At least, that's what I have heard!
If anyone out there has used this system and would like to give their opinion on it, it would be most appreciated!

bgsoltis Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 6:00pm
post #7 of 13

floursifter - sps is Single Plate System I believe. It is a system for stacking cakes that I understand is terrific for stability of the cakes. At least, that's what I have heard!
If anyone out there has used this system and would like to give their opinion on it, it would be most appreciated!

bgsoltis Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 6:07pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycakes

A couple of years ago I purchased SPS through L & M Bakers Supply in Ontario. They were great to deal with and fairly fast with their shipping. They did have a minimum order though - I think it was $50 but that's not hard to spendicon_smile.gif

I haven't ordered through them since then as I now get my cake supplies delivered to my aunt in the States and pick it up when I visit. It's worth a try though to see if they could still get it for you.

Thank you cherrycakes! I will check them out icon_smile.gif

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 6:21pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsoltis

Bumping this topic because no one has answered so trying again. Does anyone know where to buy an SPS in Canada? Specifically, Ontario, but anywhere in Canada is better than nothing. Thanks!!! icon_rolleyes.gificon_smile.gif

Golda's kitchen in Mississauga, ON carries several sizes for the system.
HTH icon_smile.gif

floursifter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floursifter Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 6:46pm
post #10 of 13

Thank you for explaning the system bgsoltis.

Sweet Cheeks101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet Cheeks101 Posted 5 Jul 2013 , 5:35pm
post #11 of 13

I purchased SPS system through L&M Bakers Supply Co. in Toronto.

What I do like from L&M Bakers Supply Co. is that you could also buy separator plates individually, and pillars in a package of four. You don't have to necessarily buy them as a set as you would an SPS system.

adamsgama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adamsgama Posted 5 Jul 2013 , 5:57pm
post #12 of 13

A couple of more places to try are Flour Confections in Pickering, very good delivery service. And I would also try Creative Cutters in Richmond Hill, Ontario. Where do you live? I know a lot of places.

Sue

mmhassa2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmhassa2 Posted 14 Sep 2015 , 5:33pm
post #13 of 13

Reviving this old thread as I'm also looking for SPS locally. (Ont, Canada).

I checked out the company mentioned here but dont see SPS on their website but I do see the following plates...but doesnt say anything about SPS. 

http://www.homeprobakersupply.com/

Can anyone suggest a place in Canada who sells sps system?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%