Strawberry Cupcakes

Baking By Eva2 Updated 8 Apr 2011 , 6:15pm by Eva2

Eva2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eva2 Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 5

I can't make strawberry cupcakes. I found this recipe and it has a great taste but they are dropping in the middle. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
2 cups sifted flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temp)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sour cram
1 cup pureed fresh strawberries
preheat oven to 350, sift together flour, bp, bs, salt. Cream butter and sugar. beat in eggs and van. Alternately stir in flour mixture and sour cream. Fold in strawberries. Bake 18 to 20 min. They look good then they sink in the middle.

4 replies
FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 9:26pm
post #2 of 5

Using puree is almost always a failure. Too much water in the berries. Instead finely chop your strawberries and push them thru a mesh strainer. You get lots of flavor from the pulp, but you don't need the added water content, which is what is making the cake sink. So push as much water out of your berries as you can and use just the pulp. You'll need less then you think to get a good strawberry flavor.

Save the juice for your buttercream.

Good luck!

Jen

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 1:46am
post #3 of 5

Are they dropping in the center before or after you take them out of the oven?

Torea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Torea Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 2:04am
post #4 of 5

I made these strawberry cupcakes a couple of weeks ago and they turned out really good. The only thing I did differently from your recipe was to add the strawberry mixture to the sour cream and mixed it together really well. Then added it alternately with the flour. I used frozen strawberrys and strained them really well before I puree them. My cupcakes turned out perfect with a flat top. I used the left over juice and a tad bit of the puree in my italian merinque butter cream. I hope this helps.

Eva2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eva2 Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 6:15pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%