Buying Tires

Lounge By m0use Updated 8 Apr 2011 , 8:10pm by SuzyNoQ

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 3

So this year I had to buy tires...right before winter my tires were worn down and needed to be replaced. So after shopping around on the internet I ended up being able to buy winter tires from a local tire shop place for about $500.
Well now I need to get the winters off but since I didn't keep the old bad tires I'm shopping for tires and rims aka wheels now since I want alloy rims for my "summer" tires and will leave the winter tires on the steel rims I have.
I had no idea how EXPENSIVE rims can be, I've been looking at over $100 a piece for rims, that does not even include the fact that I also need tires.
So after shopping around and around and asking a couple of people I think I found a site that rocks! (It came recommended by a co-worker of mine who buys tires on a regular basis for his BMW3.)

www.tirebuyer.com

And a lot of their products qualify for free shipping too! Now I just have to wait and see if the rims I want (the cheaper ones) are in stock soon.

2 replies
TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 3

ugh! I know .. My DH wants a summer set of rims for our trailblazer .. I told him he is out of his mind ...

SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 8:10pm
post #3 of 3

check with a junk yard, they will be cheaper, you could also request them from a vehicle that isn't crashed. dh just got some for a trailer for 15$ each and the tires are still good.

eta: dh said that they need stored properly or they will can dry out and ccrack.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%