Anyone Go To Lowes For Flanges And Pipes?

Decorating By usmdesigner Updated 6 Apr 2011 , 7:23pm by bakershusband

usmdesigner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
usmdesigner Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 4:17pm
post #1 of 2

I was thinking about making a taller cake and general google research isn't producing specific locations in lowes icon_smile.gif

I see people using flanges on cake shows, but have never really thought bout what type of flanges and where the are located. I know floor flanges are at lowes in the pipe setion, but all I have ever seen is the kind that something can screw into them. I usually see someone screw in a flange and then just pop a pvc pipe into it, not screwing it in.

Anyone have any info on this and what exactly I would be looking for as far as a name on this?

1 reply
bakershusband Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakershusband Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 7:23pm
post #2 of 2

We have done a few like this. The easiest is to have an idea of what you want to do and go to lowes or home depot to the plumbing section and ask for help. Remember that it has to be food safe. The flanges are medal and they will show you pipes that can screw into them without any issues.

Quote by @%username% on %date%