Traveling With Cake Pops

Decorating By JenFailla Updated 6 Apr 2011 , 4:12pm by JenFailla

JenFailla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenFailla Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 3:57pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone-

I will be heading back to my hometown in Ohio next weekend. My dad's side is doing their Easter and I want to take some cute cake pops with me. I have about 650 miles to travel- so my question is- what would be the best way to travel with them for safety of the pops and for freshness. I HAVE to make them ahead of time because we will be pulling into town about 2 hours before the party (and will have been up all night driving) so making them once I get there is pretty much out of the question.

I was thinking that I would stick the pops into a cute basket with styrofoam and then cover the styrofoam with piped or fake grass (whatever I have time for). But I think traveling with them in the basket is a disaster waiting to happen. Should I just pack the pops (lying down) in a plastic container and then stick them in right before the party? Is there something that I can layer the container with so they are less likely to smash against each other? Any ideas would be so appreciated! Thanks!!!!!

2 replies
TinkerCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinkerCakes Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 4:10pm
post #2 of 3

I would lay them down in the container with gift wrapping tissue between them. I gave some to my brother this way, he was traveling 6 hours away and they did fine.

JenFailla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenFailla Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 4:12pm
post #3 of 3

oh, good idea! Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%