Got Me A New Oven Today :d Picture!!

Business By ConfectionsCC Updated 8 Apr 2011 , 5:04pm by LaurenSprinkles

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 1:46am
post #1 of 10

http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc462/confectionscustomcakes/?action=view¤t=IMAG0485.jpg

Here is the newest addition to my family icon_biggrin.gif I am in the process of building a legal home kitchen and my father in law surprised me with this today!!!! Shes not new, but shes been used only like 2 times, the best part???? It retails for $2,700, I GOT IT FOR $400!!!!!!!!!!! Its a fridgidaire 30in professional series double convection oven! Convection on both top and bottom! I am so excited! I wont get to actually bake with it for another month or two, but I am sooooo happy to know shes mine all mine!!!
Trying to attach the picture incase the link doesnt work!

9 replies
ConfectionsCC Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 1:49am
post #2 of 10

Oh, and what looks like scratches on there is the protective film that comes on them during packaging that the previous owner never removed! Small rust on the bottom near the glass, but FIL said he can remove it for me icon_biggrin.gif

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 1:55am
post #3 of 10

Cool! Im jealous... someday.

sabre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabre Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 2:10am
post #4 of 10

Wow!! It's lovely! Good for you.

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 3:39am
post #5 of 10

Congratulations on your new ovens! I have a Jenn-Air double wall oven, but only the top oven has the convect/bake options. Bottom oven is bake only but I'm just happy I've got the two!

This is just a sugestion but also something to thing about. if you have the option of purchasing an extended warranty on your ovens it might be a something to look into even if you think its too much money and it will be a waste. We don't always buy extended warranties as many times it is a waste of money on what was bought, but often times will buy the extended on expensive appliances.

We shelled out close to 5 thousand for a Samsung Steam Washer, Steam dryer set not two years ago, and being absolutely dumb, opted out of purchasing an extended warranty on the set, thinking it was so well made we'd not need one. If we had gone for the extended at $275 at the time, it would have taken the warranty on the set another 3 years, to a total of 4 years.

Two weeks after the regular one year warranty ran out my set, the washer quit working. Cost $90 for the service person to just come look at the machine, then almost $500 for repair and labor, as the machines are digital, not the good old turn and push or pull dials that can easily be repaired or replaced. Now that my washer has been repaired, its on record, and I've lost any and all options of buying a new 3 yr extended warranty for good.

ilovesprinkles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ilovesprinkles Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 2:46pm
post #6 of 10

That is a pretty oven, and what a steal you got! Congratulations and happy baking!

ConfectionsCC Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 6:56pm
post #7 of 10

Warchild, that is a great suggestion, and we normally do buy extended warren ties when we purchase big ticket items like this. However, this one is already a year old, and we bought it from a little old lady just wanting to get rid of it, not the store, so no options for more warranties!! Best Buy has a really good warranty program, like for cameras LOL!! The man helping us when we bought it recommended dropping it into a sink full of water right before the warranty is out and they would replace the whole thing with a brand new one!! LOL !!!

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 7:53pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfectionsCC

Warchild, that is a great suggestion, and we normally do buy extended warren ties when we purchase big ticket items like this. However, this one is already a year old, and we bought it from a little old lady just wanting to get rid of it, not the store, so no options for more warranties!! Best Buy has a really good warranty program, like for cameras LOL!! The man helping us when we bought it recommended dropping it into a sink full of water right before the warranty is out and they would replace the whole thing with a brand new one!! LOL !!!

Ah, got it.. I was thinking your ovens were a return by the previous owner because of too big a size etc etc. Oh well, you still have one heck of a deal, warranty or not! If it dies in a few years time (but hopefully not ever) you'll still be ahead.

Too funny on the Best Buy guy!! icon_lol.gif

BrindysBackyard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrindysBackyard Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 8:06pm
post #9 of 10

Im so jealous, but very happy for you!!

LaurenSprinkles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenSprinkles Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 5:04pm
post #10 of 10

Great addition! best of luck!!! icon_cool.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%