6 Tier Cake - Best Way To Assemble/transport

Decorating By Motta Updated 5 Apr 2011 , 2:03pm by Jenniferkay

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 4

I don't feel comfortable assembling on site - just too nervous. I'd rather transport a fully assembled cake. I'm trying to decide on which method would work best:

Cake Stackers
Stress Free Cake Supports
Cake Safe

If you have any of these, please give me your input! I'd be much obliged icon_smile.gif

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 1:46pm
post #2 of 4

SPS

And the cake will be really heavy.

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 1:55pm
post #3 of 4

good point!! Forgot about that....

I was thinking of buying a rolling cart (flat topped) for things such as this. My husband is pretty brauny but if the cake falls over...I can't even think about it.

If I put 3 tiers together then another 3 tiers, I would be able to lift the smaller 3 tiers onto the lower ones. Do I need to put a dowel thru all 6 tiers at that point? I've never done a cake higher than 3 tiers so this will be a challenge.

Jenniferkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenniferkay Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 2:03pm
post #4 of 4

It's not 6 tiers...but I just did a 4 tier with fondant and that sucker was heavy. At one point in the assembling I had to lift the top 3 tiers to adjust the bottom columns. I really wouldn't suggest trying to lift 3 tiers and place on the cake, especially at the venue.

My 4 tier was SOLID with SPS. and I had stop and go traffic, someone stop short, and railroad tracks! Makes me sweat just thinking about it again. But the cake didn't move.

I'd suggest a cart. Me and another baker friend carried it into the venue and our arms were tired.

Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%