New Business Announcement (For Birthday Parties)?

Business By plymouthcakery Updated 4 Apr 2011 , 8:35pm by Davwattie

plymouthcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plymouthcakery Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 2

I am thisclose to being a legal home business (just waiting for the kitchen inspection from the health department). We have lots of places that have birthday parties in my area, and I'd really like to send around an email or flyer to these businesses announcing myself. My hope is that they would make me their cake vendor, or at least refer people who book birthday parties to me. How would I go about doing this? Is a flyer or email a better idea? Is this even a good idea? Anyone have any tips for what to include in the flyer? Thanks!

1 reply
Davwattie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Davwattie Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 8:35pm
post #2 of 2

I had the exact same idea lol

There are a couple of nearby childrens soft play places near me that do parties, one has just opened about 2 minutes walk from my house lol

Ive looked on their websites and some offer a cheap birthday cake as an added extra to the parties others dont.

I was thinking of making some dummie cakes, really simple with simple boy or girl colours and obviously they get to have happy birthday plus the childs name and age to make it more personal.

Taking photos and giving a set price for the cake( maybe do different sizes to cater for bigger/smaller # of guests) and explain that they could offer this to their customers as part of their party svc.

If they took up this offer it would mean regular business for a really simple cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%