Just Some Feel-Good Feedback ...

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 4 Apr 2011 , 4:46pm by emiyeric

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 2:02pm
post #1 of 4

So I made my best friend's cake this weekend for her wedding - my first wedding cake, with the usual number of "first" troubles associated with it, hehe. I absolutely loved doing it, though, and since it was my gift to her (that and a cake server and knife engraved with their names and date), she told me what she liked, but was SUPER laid back about the details and left most of it up to me. I still had my stomach in my their for the entire drive up (two hours long) to bring the cake, though!

So, in the true spirit of the times, she posted a thank you note to her close friends and family on Facebook (it was a small, intimate wedding, with only close people, since both her parents passed away fairly recently and she didn't want to do a huge party). She also sent me a picture of her "things she will remember the most from their day", besides the people who came to be with her. In the picture, she put her bouquet, which had a tiny locket hanging odd of it with a picture of her parents' wedding portrait; there was a book that her mother had given her (which they showed on the presents table) when she was little; and there was the cake I made. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

It made me cry, and I'm so grateful to have been a part of her special day ... Though I've got to say, I am forever I'n awe of you pros who actually doggie for a living and get paid to fulfill a bride's expectation! icon_smile.gif

The cake is the last one I just posted I'n my pics, the cherry blossom one, if anyone's curious.

3 replies
Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 2:46pm
post #2 of 4

The cake is ADORABLE !!!
And for your first wedding cake I have to say its amazing, you should start making more of them, you got talent thumbs_up.gif

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 3:16pm
post #3 of 4

The cake is GORGEOUS!! I can't say enough for simplicity in cakes and this looks flawless (all your hard work), has just the right amount of cherry blossoms, and the initial topper looks great. Did you make the topper as well? I love the different sizes of the tiers also. That tall tier is perfect for showcasing your lovely blossoms and stems. I'm very impressed with this cake. You're a wonderful friend to make her wedding day so memorable.

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 4:46pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much, guys! CarolAnn, the initial toppers were provided by my friend ... I just told her what size they should be. Thank you so much for the encouragement! The "simple" cakes are always so intimidating to me, I typically revel in the novelty carved cakes icon_wink.gif.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%