I Forgot To Buy Glocose - Any Substitute?

Baking By fundant1 Updated 4 Apr 2011 , 12:39am by zespri

fundant1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fundant1 Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 11:20pm
post #1 of 4


Just bought the wilton Gum-Tex and I have my powdered sugar BUT I now see that the recipe calls for glucose. Is there anything that might be able to use as a substitute? Maybe corn syrup?

3 replies
dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 4

Try to use the white corn syrup. Regular will darken the gp. You may also need a bit more ps as corn syrup has more water than glucose.

blissfulbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blissfulbaker Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 12:26am
post #3 of 4

You might want to try Wilton Clear piping gel.

zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 12:39am
post #4 of 4

definitely corn syrup. It's very hard to get corn syrup here, so I take glucose (easy to get) and add a tiny amount of water to get it to the same consistency as corn syrup, but hardly any. Most people I know here just use them interchangeably, and don't even bother adding the water.

Quote by @%username% on %date%