Can Someone Tell Me How This Is Done?

Decorating By foxymomma521 Updated 3 Apr 2011 , 1:33pm by Moondance

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 1:07pm
post #1 of 2
I stumbled across these this morning, and I'm wondering what "food grade pick" the wires are placed in... My mother rocks at making jewelery, and my friend is getting married and I'm making her cake, so I would love to see if she could make one of these. I just can't figure out what they use? Any ideas?

1 reply
Moondance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moondance Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 1:33pm
post #2 of 2

look up 'celpiks' - they are food grade tubes which you put into the tops of cakes and stick floral sprays/ jewllery in. You can also use drinking straws cut short to fit. I fill them with royal icing to help the topper stay fixed in place. You will need to tell the cake recipient that there is an inedible item in the cake


Quote by @%username% on %date%